+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    But Pan Am hasn't been canceled - they've currently put it in a similar situation to the remake of "V" - which yeah, isn't good, but not hopeless.

I'm an eternal optimist true, still, there is a chance or they'd not ended it the way they did I feel. Not with ABC's current attitude about first season shows that they cancel quickly.

(Does make me wish though I could read the old trade magazines that were always at our university - they were always up to date and I knew how to read them well).
    of course it will probably be cancelled...people don't seem to gravatate to shows that have some decency they seem to want to watch trash ....thats why reality shows are so popular...its a shame....glad Once Upon a Time has managed to survive...its a good show I can watch with my daughter and there just aren't many family orientened shows out there
    Babbred likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They haven't made any official announcement about Pan Am yet, but I'd say the chances of it coming back are about 5%-zero. I'd be happy if it came back, but realistically a cancelled show would need more of a cult following and more public buzz for it to be saved. I just haven't seen that so far for Pan Am. Just my .02...
    At the ABC site, some posters begged the network to not cancel Pan Am... while other posters said that it was a mistake to cancel Pan Am. There was a lot of effort and energy put into getting a cabin from an airplane junkyard; driving it across the country; and meticulously restoring it. I read that the same care was put into researching and sewing the uniforms. Also, I read that Pan Am is popular with advertisers. I've never seen Desperate Houswives: is this the last season? Maybe if Pan Am is renewed, it can be on an hour earlier. The most recent episode of GCB had 6.3 million viewers and a 2.0 rating. Pan Am's last episode of the season had 3.77 million viewers and a 1.2 rating.

This is what I've been thinking - that they're going to try and give it the 8 p.m. (CST) slot after "Desperate Housewives" leaves. I just feel that they are seeing something in it - or again it'd been pretty much canceled quickly and definitely had a definitive (meaning no opening) conclusion with the New Year's season finale.

It's too unique, and as mentioned a lot of time has gone into creating this series, to just up and cancel it.

Plus having three similar shows (GCB, Suburgatory and one other one with uppity up snobs - I think it's "Watch out for the B---- in Apt. 23") can easily backfire because of overload.

CCL

They won't give it the 8 o'clock time - Once Upon a Time is doing too well there and it skews younger. They might move it up to 9 which would be good as it is earlier and it would benefit from the OUAT lead-in.

ETA - oh, you put CST. I thought you meant Eastern. I'm not really familiar with how things air on CST. On Eastern, 8 is OUAT, 9 is DH (for now) and 10 was Pan Am/is GCB.
    Last edited by CCL; 03-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They won't give it the 8 o'clock time - Once Upon a Time is doing too well there and it skews younger. They might move it up to 9 which would be good as it is earlier and it would benefit from the OUAT lead-in.

ETA - oh, you put CST. I thought you meant Eastern. I'm not really familiar with how things air on CST. On Eastern, 8 is OUAT, 9 is DH (for now) and 10 was Pan Am/is GCB.
    Sorry - Just to help out, I will always put (CST) or (Central) if I list times. I live in that area, and honestly, if I try to put it in Eastern... I'll do the stupid "10/9 Central" and I feel like a TV show announcer.

I would NEVER say it needs to replace Once Upon a Time - that is a fantastic show in its own right. I do think "Pan Am" would benefit from being on after it though. There is enough there in the show that they can expand on it more and more - potential rivals in the skies (business and the already set ones with say the one love triangle with Bridgette and Collette fighting for the same guy), and of course the hints we saw in the season finale.

At least they have shown the show more class than how they treated "V" in that remake. That alone has made me happy.

any official word on whether this show will continue or not
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    any official word on whether this show will continue or not
    Not yet - it would depend I think a little bit on how "GCB" continues the next couple of weeks and if they have a replacement tester for it. I would also say that it depends on what they will try to put in "Desperate Housewives" timeslot.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Not yet - it would depend I think a little bit on how "GCB" continues the next couple of weeks and if they have a replacement tester for it. I would also say that it depends on what they will try to put in "Desperate Housewives" timeslot.
    My gut feeling is that GCB is being tested as a replacement for Desperate Housewives' timeslot next fall, not for Pan Am. The latest ads reinforce this belief. They are broadly linking the 2 shows & the characters in the ads. Kind of saying the GCB gals are the perfect companion for the Desperate Housewives ones.
    Come next Fall, it may move into the DH slot.

I think if Pan Am is renewed or not is a decision that will stand on it's own & if it is renewed, it will follow GCB.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

One of the actresses from the show tweeted that they will have more news in May about Pan Am.

Just the other day, I stumbled upon a book in the library that's all about the glory days of Pan Am, and so I checked it out. I can't wait to read it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread