+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 399
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

  1. #361
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    GCB's pilot episode had 7.6 million viewers and a 2.2 rating. Pan Am's pilot episode had 11.06 million viewers and a 3.1 viewer rating. I didn't watch 'GCB,' but in the previews, it looked trashy. 'Pan Am' is elegant.
    That does bode well for "Pan Am's" chances - to a point. Given that viewers DROP after that first episode (as everyone is pretty much just curious at the time), being much lower than "Pan Am" - and it is, I think "GCB" will end up falling through and be canceled.

    The to the point? - there are other pilots that can be put in there and one of those sadly could take it away from "Pan Am."

    I just tell people unless you see any of the stars taking on other roles for a more permanent time... it has a shot.

    (And yes I think "GCB" is trashy - even "DH" is classier, such as taking the one storyline with the one woman wanting to kill herself like the narrator did on a very serious note. That was such a powerful scene for such a show, and Williams showed a side I hadn't seen before there).

  2. #362
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,573

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    If they judge renewal based on the last half of the season, it should be picked up IMO.
    The stories became more involving rather than just "fluff". The characters became more complex & individual. By the end we really cared about the characters & their lives. To me this is the mark of a show the viewers will watch.

    I was one who found it boring in the beginning & only continued to watch because it was after DH. By the end, they had won me over.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  3. #363
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If they judge renewal based on the last half of the season, it should be picked up IMO.
    The stories became more involving rather than just "fluff". The characters became more complex & individual. By the end we really cared about the characters & their lives. To me this is the mark of a show the viewers will watch.

    I was one who found it boring in the beginning & only continued to watch because it was after DH. By the end, they had won me over.
    In the older days, they looked at the series as a whole and focused on if it improved or not. "The Greatest American Hero" is a good example of this - had a couple of weaker stories before it hit its stride that first season - which BTW was 8 hour long stories.

    I think "Pan Am" has a fair shot, especially if "GCB" does indeed drop drastically in the ratings (and I think it will).

  4. #364
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If they judge renewal based on the last half of the season, it should be picked up IMO. The stories became more involving rather than just "fluff". The characters became more complex & individual. By the end we really cared about the characters & their lives. To me this is the mark of a show the viewers will watch. I was one who found it boring in the beginning & only continued to watch because it was after DH. By the end, they had won me over.
    As soon as I saw the promo for the show, I was interested. 'Pan Am' is a show about people who have adventures while being stylishly dressed. All of the storylines weren't good: I wonder about Laura posing nude for Andy Warhol, and Maggie managing to prove that she was bilingual by just knowing a few phrases in Portuguese. But I like the personal stories, and Ted and Laura realizing that they were meant for each other.

  5. #365
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    The second episode of GCB had 7.25 million viewers, (which was less than the number of viewers of the first episode). The rating share for GCB was 2.3. I continue to hope for the best for 'Pan Am.'

  6. #366
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The second episode of GCB had 7.25 million viewers, (which was less than the number of viewers of the first episode). The rating share for GCB was 2.3. I continue to hope for the best for 'Pan Am.'
    If compared to Pan Am the ratings for GCB are lower, then GCB will be ousted in favor of "Pan Am."

    Hopefully ABC will realize they already have a similar show in "Suburgatory" and will get rid of "GCB." Even if they put in another pilot series in place for a time over Pan Am.
    Longhornfan likes this.

  7. #367
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    If compared to Pan Am the ratings for GCB are lower, then GCB will be ousted in favor of "Pan Am."

    Hopefully ABC will realize they already have a similar show in "Suburgatory" and will get rid of "GCB." Even if they put in another pilot series in place for a time over Pan Am.
    for personal reasons I am not watching GCB...don't like the reference to it being Christian...I know its just a name but if offends me but I won't push my beliefs on anyone else

    but truly I would rather have Pan Am back anyday....I found it to be more interesting
    Longhornfan and Babbred like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  8. #368
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    for personal reasons I am not watching GCB...don't like the reference to it being Christian...I know its just a name but if offends me but I won't push my beliefs on anyone else

    but truly I would rather have Pan Am back anyday....I found it to be more interesting
    Other than my feelings about the show to begin with - there are already at least two other shows in the same vein of "GCB" - there is Suburgatory and then there is at least one new show coming soon for ABC that is in the same vein as these two.

    They're going to overload on this particular genre if they do keep "GCB" on air IMHO.

    If they can bring Pan Am back as it was these past few episodes and not the immediate start of the series, it will be different enough to keep on the air. And they definitely left the series in a state where it can go either way - a decent series conclusion with the new year bit or continuing on with those plot points that they showed in the season finale. (this point too also makes me think at least they're seriously considering it - they'd not said Season finale if it had no chance).

  9. #369
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,335

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    They haven't made any official announcement about Pan Am yet, but I'd say the chances of it coming back are about 5%-zero. I'd be happy if it came back, but realistically a cancelled show would need more of a cult following and more public buzz for it to be saved. I just haven't seen that so far for Pan Am. Just my .02...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  10. #370
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Pan Am (ABC)

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They haven't made any official announcement about Pan Am yet, but I'd say the chances of it coming back are about 5%-zero. I'd be happy if it came back, but realistically a cancelled show would need more of a cult following and more public buzz for it to be saved. I just haven't seen that so far for Pan Am. Just my .02...
    But Pan Am hasn't been canceled - they've currently put it in a similar situation to the remake of "V" - which yeah, isn't good, but not hopeless.

    I'm an eternal optimist true, still, there is a chance or they'd not ended it the way they did I feel. Not with ABC's current attitude about first season shows that they cancel quickly.

    (Does make me wish though I could read the old trade magazines that were always at our university - they were always up to date and I knew how to read them well).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.