+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The most recent episode had 2.66 million viewers and a 0.7 rating.
    Not surprised - the Grammys were on and given that Houston died the day before, most people would want to go there regardless. I think that's the only reason they even showed this "Pan Am" ep to begin with honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm not sure, but it was supposed to air just before Gorgan's character is picked up by the CIA and Kate watches - they just force their way in.

It was supposedly shortly after Maggie goes and gets herself into so much trouble she'd been fired had she not revealed the affair. I think the one where she lied about speaking Portuguese, and we see in the final scene her at the main office learning the language.
    Thank you. That sounds about right for Kate and Gorgan. I remember when those goons crashed in to get him saying here, "What the heck happened?"

And speaking of Maggie, that still leaves some confusion. How in the heck was Dean able to keep his job? I just can't believe that big exec that Maggie told would turn a blind eye to having his mistress stolen right out from under him by a lowly pilot. You'd think the guy would be burning for revenge. Does that get addressed in this lost epi? I haven't watched it yet.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Babbred, I think the main reason the airline big wig didn't exact any revenge on Dean was because Dean reminded him that Ginny was his mistress, and not his wife and maybe he didn't want it to get out. I am not sure what his wife does or does not know. At the end of the episode Dean sort of threatened him with that info and walked off with a shrug, as if to say, "Do what you want." Dean didn't seem to be as upset by the news as I thought he would have been.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Not surprised - the Grammys were on and given that Houston died the day before, most people would want to go there regardless. I think that's the only reason they even showed this "Pan Am" ep to begin with honestly.
    They had this episode scheduled to air on Sunday for a while though. Although I guess it true that they knew it would go up against the Grammys even though they didn't know about Houston dying, of course. I think it was just a disservice to the series to air the skipped show now. I'm a fan of the series and it annoyed me so I can imagine it irking (and confusing) a more casual viewer.
    JulieAnn and Babbred like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Not a bad finale. They left enough open to get people to want to tune in next fall if it's back.
    Unfortunately I read an article about new pilots (pardon the pun) for the fall season & the actor who plays Dean was in one of the shows. I hope that's not a sign of things to come.
    I liked Maggie's story. Collette's made me sad. I haven't liked the spy storyline, but tonight I did. It made me like Kate more. For the first time all season, Laura came across well & sympathetic too. I never thought I'd say that.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Not a bad finale. They left enough open to get people to want to tune in next fall if it's back.
    Unfortunately I read an article about new pilots (pardon the pun) for the fall season & the actor who plays Dean was in one of the shows. I hope that's not a sign of things to come.
    I liked Maggie's story. Collette's made me sad. I haven't liked the spy storyline, but tonight I did. It made me like Kate more. For the first time all season, Laura came across well & sympathetic too. I never thought I'd say that.
    OK, admittedly I'm an eternal optimist - have to be with my job, but here's the flip side. Shows do pilots - even now, with actors playing certain characters, but only have them recast with other actors. Example, "Star Trek" has at least two pilots - one was turned into "The Menagerie" - with Capt. Pike, then "Where No Man Has Gone Before" with William Shatner as Kirk. Another change of note there was Majel Barrett - in "Menagerie" she was second in command then in the regular series she was Nurse Chapel.

The advantage is the character of Dean has a six month suspension from the Haiti issue, so they have the opportunity to just flat out have it where the character was fired if the actor chose to stay in show he's doing a pilot in.

So - I'd say don't count it out just because one of the actors is in a pilot - this isn't uncommon. Now, all of them doing one or say any of them getting a major role in another show (i.e. my example of the actress playing Collette being the next Doctor Who companion), then yeah... I'd start worrying because with the stewardesses they still had pretty tight storylines that leave you hanging and wanting for more.

I guess the point is watching all the character plotlines tonight, which were fantastic (though I'm missing the first 15 mins. which lead to the reveal on Collette's life story), I realize they are at least seriously keeping their options open with another season of the show. Given the very fake feel with "GCB" (and I mean it feels like a knock off of Suburgatory mixed with Desperate Housewives), I think there is still a strong chance they're not going to trash "Pan Am" yet. It's one of the few shows that can stay fairly open ended for years (so staying power), and the actors and actresses are overall strong. It's lighthearted, yes, but that's exactly what we need with all the 20 variations of hard-hitting gore stuff. (One of my problems with half of this season of "Castle" - it's missing the humor on a lot of them).

Will say that I didn't get a feel like the redo of "V" where it was so bad that you could tell they were going to end the show, and had the perfect ending to it - the "V's" win this go, and they should've with the way those rebels played.

This one is still in the air, but if not, they did a good job wrapping up the show. It does at least deserve that.

FORT Fogey

The kiss between Ted and Laura was beautiful. I think Amanda was lying about being pregnant. Did Maggie decide to become a smuggler because of the money? What was in the letter from Juan Tripp which kept Dean from losing his job?

FORT Fogey

The Saudi prince's family was doing a background check on Collette to see if she was 'suitable' to be a princess. The prince also said something about having their doctor check her. Most pilots never actually end up being shown on TV; and many shows are quickly canceled. Mike Vogel is just trying to stay employed. Also, if Pan Am's replacement show isn't successful, ABC has several other shows they could try out. I read about Pan Am's replacement show. It seemed interesting, but the promos were trashy, so I didn't watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The Saudi prince's family was doing a background check on Collette to see if she was 'suitable' to be a princess. The prince also said something about having their doctor check her. Most pilots never actually end up being shown on TV; and many shows are quickly canceled. Mike Vogel is just trying to stay employed. Also, if Pan Am's replacement show isn't successful, ABC has several other shows they could try out. I read about Pan Am's replacement show. It seemed interesting, but the promos were trashy, so I didn't watch the show.
    I had guessed that may be the case on Collette, so that explains a bit. Sad about the prince - they were a cute couple, but happy because it brought some surprising news. I do worry though that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Collette's brother should this series continue will be found to be Dean. I hope not though, that would be going a tad too far, especially since the roll in the hay.

I do wonder too though if they were giving a slight clue as to when the show could return if it does with the June notation.

"GCB" in my honest and humble opinion, looks like another show they already have, is a huge stereotype of Dallas (and almost a parody of "Dallas" itself), and honestly... is in the WORST day of the week. They're going to offend a lot of Christians IMHO as it is, and to put it on the day of the week they go to church will really turn them off.

Never mind they already have a similar show on TV, and it's doing well.

I hope this show does come back and don't plan to give GCB any of my time. There are too many shows like this, as already pointed out, but none like Pan Am.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread