+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

I wish they would have continued to skip this episode.
    In addition to seeming very out of place it was just awful & uninteresting. Plus it featured Laura who's the weakest & most unlikable of all the characters. It did remind me, however, how Collette stood out even in the early episodes.
    The show really grew on me & the last few episodes have been great, but this one reminded me just how bad the early episodes were.
    It did look like next week's will be out of place too. I hope not.
    Babbred likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I wish they would have continued to skip this episode.
    In addition to seeming very out of place it was just awful & uninteresting. Plus it featured Laura who's the weakest & most unlikable of all the characters. It did remind me, however, how Collette stood out even in the early episodes.
    The show really grew on me & the last few episodes have been great, but this one reminded me just how bad the early episodes were.
    It did look like next week's will be out of place too. I hope not.
    If it is going from 1962-63, it will be out of order as JFK was assassinated Nov. 1963.

Now 1963-64, it won't be; however, it could be telling if the show is canceled or not if they go this route and do reminiscences of the past year.

FORT Fogey

i liked this episode. For the most part, it was lighthearted, romantic and glamorous. So Laura is a back to being a virgin? Was it Kate that said she was pregnant?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I missed the first 15 min. of the episode. Why did Ginny come back? Is it b/c her boyfriend confronted her about Dean? I did find the out of order episode a bit confusing but enjoyed the scenes with Colette and the young boy. Also, the look on Maggie's face at the end when Colette intimated that she knew what Maggie had done to save her job.
    I got the impression, jadewarlock, that they were ushering in the new year of 1964, not 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I missed the first 15 min. of the episode. Why did Ginny come back? Is it b/c her boyfriend confronted her about Dean? I did find the out of order episode a bit confusing but enjoyed the scenes with Colette and the young boy. Also, the look on Maggie's face at the end when Colette intimated that she knew what Maggie had done to save her job.
    I got the impression, jadewarlock, that they were ushering in the new year of 1964, not 1963.
    This was an episode that was earlier on in the first season that was skipped for no main reason we think save Laura's possible "did it" bit. They're probably making sure all episodes air in case by some miracle "GCB" does better in that slot (I hope not - I find it awful and a repeat of say "Suburgatory" in content.

And yes, I loved the bit with Collette and Maggie at the end - you could tell that she was working out what happened with Maggie and what she did to stay aboard.

Kate wasn't half bad in this episode, but I had really wished long term they had taken out the spy angle. It's almost as bad at times as the Bunny with a secret on "The Playboy Club." Fortunately, the actress playing Kate is better, so it's a bit more believable.

Thank goodness...I thought I had dreamed the last month or so ...I wish that they had skipped this episode. All it did was confuse me. I do hope that it is renewed for another season. The cast is great and after last night, Collette remains my favorite.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Could somebody remind me which episode this one was supposed to air after? I might go back and watch that other epi first, otherwise I'll be totally confused.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Could somebody remind me which episode this one was supposed to air after? I might go back and watch that other epi first, otherwise I'll be totally confused.
    I'm not sure, but it was supposed to air just before Gorgan's character is picked up by the CIA and Kate watches - they just force their way in.

It was supposedly shortly after Maggie goes and gets herself into so much trouble she'd been fired had she not revealed the affair. I think the one where she lied about speaking Portuguese, and we see in the final scene her at the main office learning the language.

I wish they would have just aired it when they were supposed to. I found it a little more confusing that enjoyable because I spent so much time trying to figure out what's come before/after.

FORT Fogey

The most recent episode had 2.66 million viewers and a 0.7 rating.

+ Reply to Thread