+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

CCL

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yes, it was well handled. However, I didn't think my estimation of Maggie's character could go any lower, but it did. The GF begged Maggie not to tell, so what happens? She runs off and squeals to Ted as soon as she can! IMO, she had no business doing that.
    Better she should let him unknowingly marry someone who will never (fully) love him?

I didn't think of how Colette wouldn't be going to the White House now because of the JFK assassination. Hmm. Will we see Omar again?

They are promoting the replacement show, whose name escapes me, quite a bit. :/
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

They will promote a show that is going to be on regardless of what it's supposed to be testing over. I am hoping though given how much stronger the episodes of "Pan Am" are getting that they are going to keep it and test it in the 8 p.m. slot Sunday to see if the low viewer rating is more because of it's misfortune of being after "DH's" last season or it's just low viewership. I DO think that it should be given that test, because it's still feeling more and more like it's that reason. The quality of the stories would've dropped IMHO if it were just bad to guarantee it goes away.

BTW - the look on Collette's face when Dean was told who Omar really was had to be one of the best things of that whole issue. It was mildly smug as well as laughing at Dean's expense - rightfully so. I think too it showed her that Dean really does in a way have feelings for Collette that he'd go out of his way to protect her. She might still have that dinner at the White House though - LBJ did do that as well.

Watching skating today, I realized why Maggie looked familiar to me - she reminds me of Sasha Cohen.

CCL

Is Pan Am over (no new episodes to air)? It's not on tonight but I thought they had a couple more episodes to air?

Answered my own question. There are two more episodes, scheduled to air Feb 12 & 19. I don't know why they're not showing a new episode tonight; Once Upon a Time is new I think.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks for the info on the new episodes, CCL. They're airing a 2 hour fact-based movie starting at 9 instead of Pan Am in my area.

SAG Awards tonight, so no new eps of anything.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

If I'm understanding this correctly, the missing episode Romance Languages will be shown tonight. And I read that there is only one more episode after tonight's episode

Re: Pan AM

so tonight's episode should have aired weeks ago..is that right???? and next week is the season finale already...shoot..doesn't sound good for the show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

Yes, it was an episode they skipped earlier in the season. I don't know why they aired it now - it was confusing with the whole Ginny storyline rearing it's head and Laura worrying about her first time when we already saw her first time, plus the ending made it seem like Kate was playing Niko at least a little bit which makes their touching goodbye scene rather less touching.

Next week is the season finale. A lot of people think it will be cancelled; I still hold out hope,

If they say a season finale, the odds are fortuantely in favor of the show than against. I do not know of many if any shows that were canceled after the first season receiving this notation. The exception I"ve seen was the new "V" - it did mention "Season Finale" on their second season, but it was SO awful where the rebels CONSTANTLY loss and you rooted for the villains, it was a nobrainer it was going to be canceled even saying that.

To say "season finale" then just up and cancel it can backfire on a network big time. ABC is having to fight CBS all the time for the No. 1 spot, that would only harm them.

Something tells me that "GCB" is NOT receiving favorable reviews from critics though, so there is hope for "Pan Am." I personally think they're going to give it a go in "DH's" spot when that show finishes it's final season to see if it's just being stuck behind a very popular series or if it's seriously "Pan Am" being a bad show.

As far as tonight's show - yeah, it's out of order (which makes me seriously think that they changed the revelation), but it was nice to see more of Collette and Dean and that whole issue. The scenes with Collette and the young boy too were also touching, and the depth she had in regard to her parents' deaths and wishing they were there for her to be mad was nice. (Honestly, if the show IS cancelled, I would LOVE to see Karine be the next companion in "Doctor Who." Seriously she could do a good job alongside Matt Smith's Doctor, and has the chops to work with his acting talents).

Next week's seems *just* out of place too - especially with the assassination of JFK in the episode a couple of weeks ago. Still... I hold out hope for the show...

... and hope that there are not enough people who want to watch "GCB."

+ Reply to Thread