+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

CCL

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Dean, you tramp.
    So Maggie's name wasn't on the article she'd written and she was just credited as a source?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

So how does Kate slip her handlers and get to Anastasia? Considering they had Laura and Bridget in custody you would think they would keep extra-tight watch on the remaining crew.
    The Ashley Greene-Maggie kiss did not ring true at all. Ashley Greene was lacking in that scene. The politician was right about Maggie. She's all about expressing her opinion but he doesn't give others equal shot to express theirs; anyone who disagrees with her is automatically labelled ignorant.
    Next week's episode looks like a corker.
    ilja and Babbred like this.

I liked last night's episode and have a few interesting thoughts and such.

1. I wonder if Bridget knew about the cufflink and put it in the suitcase so Collette saw it. That would be an interesting twist given that they're the best of friends supposedly.

I do think however her reaction is warranted in regard to Dean. Admittedly she's guilty of having an affair with a married man (even though he started it), it shows she's learned her lesson and I think there will be a cool down moment for a time which is good. I don't want them to be rushed into things.

2. The building area - OK, it was obvious that the handler didn't know photos weren't allowed or the KGB just assumed stuff. I feel bad that Laura lost her camera though. I will say however that said building is NOT common Russian housing anymore. (Unless they were pretending this was a variation of the Kremlin.)

3. The kiss was surprisingly chaste, which I have to admit I liked because it kept with the time, and was chaste. I do think that it will lead to an interesting discussion at least though I hope it works in Maggie's favor in the end than what I think may happen.

Overall this was a very good episode. I just hope that the mid-season replacement "GCB" does worse so we can keep this show. The other show feels like 'My name is Earl' in the stereotypes. "Pan Am" has such a depth to it that it makes the show more than one note.

Plus - we already have "Suburgatory" - which I feel even here is going to be better. (I like Suburgatory simply because it does show how say the city girl lives in the country or the reverse).

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    So how does Kate slip her handlers and get to Anastasia? Considering they had Laura and Bridget in custody you would think they would keep extra-tight watch on the remaining crew.
    That's exactly what I was wondering. Gads, after all that paranoia about the camera, I would have thought that hotel would have been crawling with KGB guys (like it wasn't already!). They must be really inept if they allowed Kate to slip out right under their noses.

Oh, and note to Laura: if your boss tells you that you're going to watched every minute, and you think your tour guide might be one of the watchers, it's probably not a good idea to be snapping photos everywhere. Just sayin'...

And what is up with Bridget? Why doesn't she just get on the plane's PA system and announce that she was a spy? I mean, in the unlikely chance that were going to be interrogated, wouldn't it have been better for Laura not to know about Bridget's activities, so that she could say so with a straight face?

Speaking of Bridget and spying, it's interesting. I'm reading a book right now written by two former CIA agents. They ended up divorcing their respective spouses, because they got tired of having to lie all the time about what they did, and the strain took it's toll. So yeah, it looks like most agents keep it under wraps. Not saying that no agent ever revealed themselves to their spouses/lovers, but you would think the old adage from superhero movies would apply: "they can't know my real identity for their own protection." If I were MI6, and I got wind of this, I would not be very impressed...

The Ashley Greene-Maggie kiss did not ring true at all. Ashley Greene was lacking in that scene.
    Absolutely. This woman knows is comforting a total stranger who, in the depths of her distress, makes a half-hearted comment that might be taken as a sign of lesbianism, and Greene hauls off and kisses her. Yep, that felt convincing....

The politician was right about Maggie. She's all about expressing her opinion but he doesn't give others equal shot to express theirs; anyone who disagrees with her is automatically labelled ignorant.
    It's sad, because I used to really like Maggie. I have so fallen out of love with her, though, and I even agree with her opinions. But the obnoxious way in which she totally dismisses anyone who disagrees with her just gets on my nerves.

Oh, and to answer your question, CCL, I think that the article ran under Mike the reporter's name. You remember that Maggie was all upset and saying, "You twisted what I said!" Also, when she read the article out loud to the Congressman in the beginning, it merely said "an anonymous source". That's why he didn't realize until later that it was her. Speaking of which...

Dean, you tramp.
    Yeah, my head is beginning to spin with all this yo-yoing between Dean/Bridget/Collette.

Next week's episode looks like a corker.
    I knew those nude photos would come back to bite Laura since the writers brought it up in the first place. If Laura ends up keeping her job and blithely flies on to the next episode, then I will seriously consider not watching this show anymore. Really? Seriously? In the pilot and later, we saw girls getting their girdles snapped, criticized for wearing the wrong shade of pantyhose, weighed to within an inch of their life and humiliated if they--heavens!--had gained a pound or two. And Pan Am would really just sit back and let their poster girl not get punished for posing like a Playboy model? That is just so unrealistic words can't describe it.
    Last edited by Babbred; 01-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

I'd still watch. It will be interesting to see how it is handled by the company (if at all). But I get your point.

Surprised no one has commented about last night's episode. It was again another corker of an ep., though it did have some airs of movies and the like interwoven, such as Collette's story in this episode.

Laura's issues regarding the photos were well done; however, we do not know yet about any impact on her career.

Kate probably has her best showing so far in the realm of the spy world. She also helps create one of the funnier scenes Maggie has this week, mostly because of the incident last week with Ashley Greene's character...

... and this too leads to an interesting discussion later on regarding Dean and Greene's character.

The ending was a decent cliffhanger, and I'm hoping they're going to be continuing this show because I really want to see all their reactions to it.

I loved Collette's storyline last night. Very Roman Holiday. It was fun to watch.
    As far as the Ted/girlfriend story, I was surprised to see how well it was handled. Very true to the times in the girlfriend's feelings, mixed emotions, & the way she suggested handling it. I didn't feel she was trying to pull one over on Ted, just confused with her own life & emotions.
    As for Laura, I don't like her or her storylines. Very predictable. The poor "pretty girl" always judged for her looks, even though all her problems are of her own selfish doing. A lot of eye rolling here whenever she's on.

Yep, the show finally roped me in. I hope it gets picked up.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Saw Goran Visnjic in Practical Magic over the weekend.

Really enjoyed last night's episode; it was nice to see Collette get treated like a lady, and she looked stunning in black lace. Dean has no impulse control. She can do better.

CCL

I don't think that Ted can live the lie that his fiancee is proposing. And I don't think Laura would consent to be the other woman. Speaking of Laura, I don't think anyone at Pan Am would know yet as the photos don't appear to have been up that long. Mind you if she gets involved with Andy Warhol...and why were both Ted and Laura off (from work) again this week?
    Maggie "I'm all about the politics" got exposed for her superficiality this week. Forgot about her gaganess over Kennedy. Good for her for sticking up to the other pilot though.
    When the villain finds out he is missing the information he is going to know it was Kate, she was so obvious. Her attempts and training did provide the moments of levity this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I loved Collette's storyline last night. Very Roman Holiday. It was fun to watch.
    I love that movie! It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad Collette's story didn't end like the Princess's though. It's so sad, because now Collette won't get her date to the White House, so maybe the magic is going to fade just like Princess Anya's.

As far as the Ted/girlfriend story, I was surprised to see how well it was handled. Very true to the times in the girlfriend's feelings, mixed emotions, & the way she suggested handling it. I didn't feel she was trying to pull one over on Ted, just confused with her own life & emotions.
    Yes, it was well handled. However, I didn't think my estimation of Maggie's character could go any lower, but it did. The GF begged Maggie not to tell, so what happens? She runs off and squeals to Ted as soon as she can! IMO, she had no business doing that.

As for Laura, I don't like her or her storylines. Very predictable. The poor "pretty girl" always judged for her looks, even though all her problems are of her own selfish doing. A lot of eye rolling here whenever she's on.
    LOL

I never thought of that while I watched, but you're right.

This was also my favorite of the "Kate spying" plotlines. I wish more of them could be like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread