+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Yay, that's great! Anyone heard anymore about the fate of this show?
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Yay, that's great! Anyone heard anymore about the fate of this show?
    The fate of this show hasn't been decided yet. This show has a midseason replacement. Maybe those at ABC will see if Pan Am or the midseason replacement has higher ratings, and renew the show that has higher ratings. I read that there is an online petition to help save the Pan Am show. It has 2,500 signatures so far.

CCL

Cracking episode tonight...though certain things are on my "do not approve" list. Waiting for it to air in the US so I can read all your comments!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am gonna have to catch up on Pan Am tomorrow...got really caught up in The Firm
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Shouldn't spies never reveal to anyone that they were a spy? Also, when Ted showed up at Laura's apartment, I thought he was going to try to pressure her into having sex, since he found out she wasn't a virgin.

CCL

I'm not surprised Bridget revealed it in her attempt to get Dean back;and I'd bet a lot of significant others know and have been sworn to secrecy. I used to want Bridget to come back but now that she's interfering in the Colette & Dean relationship I want her to go away again. Though it was mostly Colette's fault; the man kept coming back and she kept pushing him away.
    Speaking of spies, suddenly Kate is such an expert that she can fool a lie detector with one coaching session? Ok. Though I ship her with Anderson so let's have that continue.
    I think Ted is more of a jerk in words than in actions; he's treated Laura quite gently always.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yes, I wasn't happy about Bridget coming back either, as I adore Colette. I'm still wondering what the big secret is that she was supposed to reveal to Dean once they arrived in London. I can't stand the espionage aspect of the show, anyway, and was hoping that once Kate aced the lie detector test she would choose to just get out...but it looked like she chose to stay after Anderson told her how great she was. I agree that Ted is all talk and hot air... buying Laura the camera was a sweet thing to do and he's helped her out of a jam more than once. I thought perhaps they were going to get together but now Ted is going to propose to his childhood friend. So, the preview showed that perhaps Ted's new girlfriend isn't frigid or "saving herself for marriage" but is a lesbian?

I really like this show and hope it continues next season.

A few comments about the show in general:

I really don't care for Maggie's character at all, though I like the Congressman relationship with her. I think her character is off somehow.
    I hope Laura's scenes can develop more.
    I love the Collette/Dean banter, and I don't know what to make of Bridget's return especially since Dean appeared to have gotten over her sooooo quickly (or it seemed that way earlier in the series).
    And finally, I really like Kate and the spy twist, though I don't want her to be full-fledged spy. Courier perhaps, but no more killings, please. It brings a little suspense into the show.
    Last edited by tvfanz; 01-09-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post
    I really like this show and hope it continues next season.

A few comments about the show in general:

I really don't care for Maggie's character at all, though I like the Congressman relationship with her. I think her character is off somehow.
    I hope Laura's scenes can develop more.
    I love the Collette/Dean banter, and I don't know what to make of Bridget's return especially since Dean appeared to have gotten over her sooooo quickly (or it seemed that way earlier in the series).
    And finally, I really like Kate and the spy twist, though I don't want her to be full-fledged spy. Courier perhaps, but no more killings, please. It brings a little suspense into the show.
    Maggie doesn't bother me too much, but the writers used illogic in regard to the article issue in the paper. A lot of things I don't think are Ricci's fault, but the writer's.

Laura really needs to be developed a bit more as a character I think.

I don't mind the Collette/Dean/Bridget triangle right now because the actors playing the first two here are very strong and make it believable - both ways. If it was over the top? - yeah, and they will have to work to not make it this way. But I think this can be done if it worked like it did this week.

Was not surprised the Kate as a spy thing continued. I have a speculation as to why this is continuing, but won't continue right now because I need to work it out more.

Finally - I like Ashley Greene's performance as Ted's love interest whom he's proposing to... however, I'm not too happy with the lesbian aspect here due to the history issue. I hope that they do try to keep it in the realm of the '60s and it's underplayed long term.

CCL

What's the history aspect with regards to lesbianism and the 60s? Sorry, that was before my time. I don't think Ted will end up marrying her (and speaking of quick leaps); i think she will turn him down because she recognizes her true orientation and can't live a lie with him.

+ Reply to Thread