+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

FORT Fogey

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

I would appreciate it if posters who have spoilers would "hide" them. I thought the episode was glossy. The colors of everything on this episode seemed so vivid. I noticed tha red delicious and golden delicious apples. Those two types of apples aren't as popular as they used to be. I prefer the taste of golden delicious apples. Were there black bras and underwear during 1963? Weren't Dean and Collette worried about Dean's parents catching them rolling in the hay? The background music wasn't loud or overdone, like it has been in previous episodes. I think the actor playing the politician has movie star good looks.

CCL

Do you mean discussion of tonight's episode? I don't think that should be put in spoilers even if the episode hasn't aired everywhere. Actually, I believe the policy is you don't have to spoiler tag spoilers in the non-reality section at all, although it is good form in terms of information regarding future episodes.

Dean was wearing too much denim...denim shirt, denim jacket, jeans...I wouldn't be surprised if he had denim underwear on.

Can someone tell me what the preview showed? Edited to add: never mind, just saw it elsewhere. Ugh. Do not want. Go away, Bridget.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-05-2011 at 04:15 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Do you mean discussion of tonight's episode?
    By spoilers, I mean spoilers of future episodes.

FORT Fogey

The most recent episode had a 1.6 rating. Desperate Housewives, which also was off for three weeks, had a larger drop in viewers than Pan Am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    That proverbial roll in the hay had me chuckling... just when things are heating up for Dean and Colette, trouble may be just around the corner (previews). I enjoyed tonight's episode as it showcased everyone. I was thinking that the free love of the 60's and the sexual revolution happened a bit later in the decade. I was just a young child during Kennedy's administration so I wouldn't know about the social mores of the time, but I was surprised by all the bed hopping going on. I have to qualify this by saying, though, that I was raised Roman Catholic and premarital sex is taboo so any girl who "put out" outside of marriage was considered a "bad" girl.
    I loved this episode. The writers did a good job of moving back and forth between the various plotlines.

--I, too, was born after the 60's. In books I've read about the era, the impression was given that America was still innocent until the assassination, and that the whole free love/loosening of sexual mores didn't occur until later in the decade. In addition, there used to be a TV show from the late 60's, "That Girl," that depicted a college-aged girl who left home to live in New York City and pursue her dream of acting on Broadway. I once saw a documentary about the show, and the actress (Marlo Thomas, wife of Phil Donahue) said that it was controversial at the time. Gasp! A girl would leave the shelter of her parents' home and live on her own before marriage! It was also implied (but never shown!) that she and her BF might have done more than just flirt, and that also caused controversy.

That being said, however, the women of Pan Am lived extraordinary lives. They had far more freedom than most women. Therefore, I don't find it implausible that they would be hopping in the sack with various men.

--Were denim jackets available in the 60's? I know that jeans were popular in the 50's, but Dean's outfit looked awfully modern.

--I, too, would have hesitated before rolling in the hay with Dean in his parents' barn. After storming out on them at the dinner table, who's to say his mother or father wouldn't come out to finish the conversation (father) or offer consolation (mother)? I did like the whole plot, though, since it addressed the issue of Bridget. That had always been an issue for me, too, how Dean could go from the Love of His Life to Collette in just a few episodes. I'm glad the writers addressed that.

--Wow. Laura's little black dress was a killer. She could have given Marilyn Monroe some competition. Also loved how they added depth to her relationship with Ted. I loved that epi where he helped her get her engagement ring back, so I'm glad they built on that, even if it was to go in a negative direction.

--Maggie was wise to burn that speech. Mussolini was the guy's hero? Er, would that be the dictator who allied himself with Hitler, the dictator who tried to destroy England? I'm sure that would have gone over well with the English people. Maggie and the Congressman should stay together, so she can keep saving him from himself.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    By spoilers, I mean spoilers of future episodes.
    I think if it was in a preview, then it is fair game as it has aired and is available. Otherwise, yes, I see your point.

I've been not that interested in Maggie but I liked her storyline with the politician. I guess one can lobby in many different ways. I thought he was joking with his praise of Mussolini - he didn't seem serious but like he was making a crack.
    I thought Kate did well in her spy mission. I wonder if shooting the guy is going to come back to haunt her or if it is going to steel her commitment to the spy life.
    I agree about the barn scene - I kept waiting for his dad to pop back up and start asking where Bridget was again. Plus it would be itchy in the hay, no?
    I like the Laura and Ted dynamic. If the show does end this year - though I hope not- I hope we have more movement on that front before the end.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think if it was in a preview, then it is fair game as it has aired and is available. Otherwise, yes, I see your point.
    Yes, I'd kind of like to not know what future episodes are going to hold, either. Normally I love spoilers, but not for this show. I want to savor each epi as it airs like a cup of hot coffee.

I've been not that interested in Maggie but I liked her storyline with the politician. I guess one can lobby in many different ways. I thought he was joking with his praise of Mussolini - he didn't seem serious but like he was making a crack.
    I certainly hope so. Otherwise, I'm sure President Kennedy would have loved the diplomatic uproar.

I agree about the barn scene - I kept waiting for his dad to pop back up and start asking where Bridget was again. Plus it would be itchy in the hay, no?
    As a veteran of many hayrides, I can tell you the answer is yes!

I like the Laura and Ted dynamic. If the show does end this year - though I hope not- I hope we have more movement on that front before the end.
    Totally agree.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Fanatic

Is it any wonder that Sunday night's ratings had dropped? Because it hadn't been on for three weeks, so many people thought the show had already been canceled that they didn't know to watch it. And now it will be off the air for another month? ABC is going to have to do a total relaunch if they want people to tune in.

Bummer. These past 2 episodes have been the best. Liked seeing more on Collete and Dean as well as Ted & Laura. Can't believe we have to wait until January to see the episode where Bridget is back with Dean. It must already be in the can, wish they would just air it!

One more time: for those of us who don't wish to know what future episodes contain, could we please info about them in spoiler tags?

+ Reply to Thread