+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

So ABC is replacing a sophisticated show with a crassless, boring show. Who would have thunk it.............not!
    Babbred likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    So ABC is replacing a sophisticated show with a crassless, boring show. Who would have thunk it.............not!
    Not a permanent replace, at least what ABC intones.

Again, I would really look at Ricci and the other's news if they're filming pilots. This is how we knew "No Ordinary Family" was toast. They were searching WHILE the show was filming, they even knew it was over. Here... I don't get that even from Karine's Tweet.

Re: Pan AM

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Darren Star, the producer of GCB, was banned from the set. The majority of the reviews of the pilot were negative. It usually takes a few weeks before shows start airing in the foreign market. I hope viewers in the foreign market don't approve of GCB. Ten episodes of GCB were ordered. I'll be carefully following GCB's Nielsen ratings. GCB is about a mean girl who returns to her howmtown 20 years later: the show doesn't sound interesting.
    10 vs. I think 14 for "Pan Am" - even for a mid season replacement, does not bode well for "GCB"...

So there is some hope.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    10 vs. I think 14 for "Pan Am" - even for a mid season replacement, does not bode well for "GCB"... So there is some hope.
    The network had several midseason shows taped, and some of the replacement shows had less than 10 episodes ordered. It might have had something to do with the cost of taping so many TV shows. GCB was taped last spring/summer. The writer of GCB also wrote "Soapdish." On GCB, there are endless displays of hypocrisy, (by the women who had been bullied), in being churchgoing Christians while relentlessly scheming to ruin the main character's life.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Point of advice - from what I've read about British reviewers, they tend to be this way about every show except possibly "East Enders" which for me is truly a boring show. (It's a soap opera). Even highly popular shows there - "My Hero" (though this one is now ended), "Doctor Who" and a few others, get the mediochre ranking from time to time.

The others are yes, a little bit disconcerting.

Still... IMHO on an international scale we will see people prefer "Pan Am" over "GCB" because save a few shows, they tend to frown about mocking religion ("Father Ted" probably one of the few true exceptions I"ve seen - "Vicar of Dibley" was a comedy, but that show with Dawn French as a woman vicar - before this time - actually did foretell a future where women could serve as priests and pastors).

(Maybe I'm rooting too hard for this show, but sheesh... this is the first show in a very long time I've actually wanted to see a new show make it longer than a season on ABC. I think the other exception was "Castle" which is now on its fourth or fifth season).
    I haven't seen "EastEnders" in many years because it isn't on PBS where I now live. But I did watch it on PBS in Florida where they showed it from the beginning. I loved it in its early days and I actually knew Wendy Richards from EE before Are You Being Served?. However, even in those early years, I thought the show began to deteriorate after some of the original characters disappeared. I do watch a lot of British tv even if I have to rent the DVDs.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

lets be happy everyone..we get a new episode tonight...should be a good one
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

Much rolling in the hay...figuratively and literally. All got story lines today, which was good. Regarding Ashley Greene's character and Ted
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that she is a lesbian who is going to hit on Maggie. Laura looked like she was waking up to what she was missing with Ted tonight.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Good news...new episodes starting January 8th! Loved tonight's episode- it flew by and ended so ubruptly- hopefully it will be worth the wait until January.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That proverbial roll in the hay had me chuckling... just when things are heating up for Dean and Colette, trouble may be just around the corner (previews). I enjoyed tonight's episode as it showcased everyone. I was thinking that the free love of the 60's and the sexual revolution happened a bit later in the decade. I was just a young child during Kennedy's administration so I wouldn't know about the social mores of the time, but I was surprised by all the bed hopping going on. I have to qualify this by saying, though, that I was raised Roman Catholic and premarital sex is taboo so any girl who "put out" outside of marriage was considered a "bad" girl.

i thought tonight's episode was really good...lot of interesting plot twists that can play out in many different ways just depends on what the writers do with it..glad we are getting more episodes in January
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread