+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan AM

it will be a rotten shame if they cancel this show...there has been much improvement IMO since they brought in new people to write and stuff but you know how it is if you don't have 5 trillion in ratings you can kiss it goodbye and thats bad
    JulieAnn likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I remember reading an article a few years back about how much TV has changed in terms of ratings and cancellations. It was saying that some classic shows wouldn't get shown today. For instance, "Cheers" only had mediocre ratings for two seasons until it finally hit its stride and became a hit. Today, it probably wouldn't last more than a few episodes.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

There are many shows like that Babbred who had mediochre ratings and then became a success - "Dynasty," (Especially season 1 before Joan Collins came aboard), "Falcon Crest," and quite a few other shows that are seen as cult hits.

And there are some that were popular but forced to cancel because of tightening of violence and the like - "Wild Wild West" in the '60s, which I think could've lasted at least one more year had it not been for that. (Ross Martin - who played Artemus - did have a heart attack and was out a good portion of the final season, but even then the ratings were still high with the rotating partners for West.) Heck, "Gunsmoke" could've been canceled had they kept the shootout with Marshall Dillion instead of having him stare down the bad guy in the opening credits (wiser heads prevailed, and that's why it and "Law and Order" have the records for longest series runs at 20 years.)

This is a show they'd be foolish to get rid of so quickly, because they can keep it going for years if done properly. There are plenty of countries - or at least cities - they can go to, and yes, they can rotate out stewardesses if an actress chooses to leave. It would tie in to real life.

Unfortunately, people try to make a quick buck and instead of giving a show a fair chance, they'll remove it and put in another rehash of something (Charlie's Angels), instead of trying something new and creative. (BTW, the consistent failures of reboots of shows is exactly WHY I wouldn't want to see "Greatest American Hero" or "Wonder Woman" come back - classics on their own, and these ideas would ruin them).

And I say that for all networks.

There actually is a petition out online in support of Pan Am continuing.
    Fans are also asking everyone to tune into the next episode or at least have your channels switched to ABC on the 4th of dec at 10pm. Though I'm not sure how much difference it would make in the decision if it has already been made.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    There actually is a petition out online in support of Pan Am continuing.
    Fans are also asking everyone to tune into the next episode or at least have your channels switched to ABC on the 4th of dec at 10pm. Though I'm not sure how much difference it would make in the decision if it has already been made.
    It could be enough. Personally I would hope that they'd seriously if need be just wait until "DH" is out, move it to 8 p.m. see if it'll fare even better then pull it if it doesn't then. But they need to give this show a chance - it's the most original (at least somewhat) show the networks have had in a while. The other was "The Playboy Club" but that was doomed from the start pitted against "Castle."

(Note, I say somewhat because ABC did have a short lived show called "Flying High," starring Connie Sellecca, Pat Klaus and one other and they were stewardesses who flew to these destinations and had interesting stories. Of note, they were more modern day because there was an episode where they were considering a hot pants type stewardess outfit a la Southwest of that time.)

I really like this show and I hope they figure out a way to keep it around. One positive note is that I read that the show is doing really well in non-U.S. markets. One reason Desperate Housewives lasted 8 seasons even though the ratings have been dropping is that it still makes a lot of money overseas and in syndication. Maybe Pan Am can get a break too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Apparently this next episode is cliffhanger like "DH" is so we'll at least see two more episodes. I do think though they need to at least give this series a second season.

FORT Fanatic

ABC says Pan Am is still technically in production. They will make a decision about a second season in the spring.

So its not too late to spread the word and have as many of our friends and family tune in on Dec 4th so up the viewership. Fingers crossed that this great show returns to our TV screens for a second season.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    So its not too late to spread the word and have as many of our friends and family tune in on Dec 4th so up the viewership. Fingers crossed that this great show returns to our TV screens for a second season.
    mmmmmmmmmm what could we bombared ABC with like a lot of us did to CBS with the nuts for another season of Jericho...any ideas and maybe we can spread the word and get a major campaign going to give the show more time...I really think this show could have a major following if they would just give it time and a chance..I have seen much improvement since they brought in new writers
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread