+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan AM

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ABC has announced its midseason schedule; Pan Am is scheduled to be replaced in March. Hopefully the ratings pick up so that it keeps its tine slot (or, better, gets moved up an hour) or is moved to another night, rather than just disappearing from our screens.
    Oh no - that does not sound good at all. Keeping fingers crossed!
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by aztec4life View Post
    I read the same article. The first thing I thought of when I heard the gun shots and the screaming in the promo was of JFK being shot. So far each episode has taken place during he third or fourth week of the month so if they follow that timeline November is the next month and it would coincide with the JFK assassination.
    I haven't read it yet; however, once we started discussing Kennedy here, it occurred to me that the shots and screams probably referred to the assassination. I mean, nothing we've seen so far has led us to believe one of the girls is a homicidal maniac.

Oh my goodness, I'm in mourning already. Thank you for sharing that, CCL, so it wouldn't be a nasty surprise. I'm so glad I've been saving the epis on my DVR box. Now I really, really hope they're release it on DVD.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

It's all been cancelled then because they're not showing reruns of it. They've ordered a 14th episode which some have speculated is the "wrap up" episode to appease fans.

Who knows, maybe the audience WILL pick up but....

CCL

They don't tend to show reruns as much anymore. But it's not a good sign, certainly.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

They don't tend to show reruns as much anymore.
    Good point. Since I only watch TV online or via Netflix, I had forgotten about that little fact.

ABC has announced its midseason schedule; Pan Am is scheduled to be replaced in March. Hopefully the ratings pick up so that it keeps its tine slot (or, better, gets moved up an hour) or is moved to another night, rather than just disappearing from our screens.
    I'm a little ticked off that they won't even try something different, like moving the show to a different day and time slot. I remember back in the summer when we went to a movie. Before the trailers even started, they were doing this "First Look" thing to preview the upcoming fall tv shows. They had this big feature about the making of Pan Am, interviews with the cast, etc. So after all that publicity, they're just going to bail and let the show sink? Shame on you, ABC.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

I think there are a few possibilities besides cancellation why "Pan Am" wouldn't be on in mid season.

1. Ricci (sorry, but she is the first I think of in this cast becasue of her past) or another of the stewardesses could be working on a major film project and, preferring to have the four stay the same because they have very good chemistry, decided to delay the airing of the next season.

2. They want to give it a break and make some stronger episodes and build more interest - similar to what happened with "V" taking off a couple of months and having a fall and spring season finale (even though "V" they really put in a blender and spat out a stupid second season that really the "V's" deserved to win - though Lisa should've been spared).

3. They're waiting UNTIL after "Desperate Housewives" completes its final season and bring it back to that show's 8 p.m. (CST) Spot. "DH" was pretty much on at that time all through its run, so they know it's a popular time with viewers. Add to it that "Pan Am" is a sexy show, having it move up to that time would help ABC keep their fans that they'd otherwise lose after "DH" is over.

Mind you, I'm being very positive but please note - "No Ordinary Family" the cast saw the writing on the wall that Chiklis and others in that show were already doing test pilots and other TV show performances while said series was still filming. I haven't read any of the cast of "Pan Am" have been doing other TV pilots or the like. I'd really start worrying about this series if we hear any of them doing this.

What I'm honestly not seeing (though this could be wishful thinking) is that ABC would pull a series that has international appeal. That'd be like "Doctor Who" in its run from 2005 onward not going international even though there are fans all over the world.

Thank you for your perspective, Jade. I like #3, especially. If ABC were smart, they would bump Pan Am back into DH's spot. Like you said, it's a show about sexy and sophisticated women, too, so it might draw in viewers of DH looking to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think there are a few possibilities besides cancellation why "Pan Am" wouldn't be on in mid season.

1. Ricci (sorry, but she is the first I think of in this cast becasue of her past) or another of the stewardesses could be working on a major film project and, preferring to have the four stay the same because they have very good chemistry, decided to delay the airing of the next season.

2. They want to give it a break and make some stronger episodes and build more interest - similar to what happened with "V" taking off a couple of months and having a fall and spring season finale (even though "V" they really put in a blender and spat out a stupid second season that really the "V's" deserved to win - though Lisa should've been spared).

3. They're waiting UNTIL after "Desperate Housewives" completes its final season and bring it back to that show's 8 p.m. (CST) Spot. "DH" was pretty much on at that time all through its run, so they know it's a popular time with viewers. Add to it that "Pan Am" is a sexy show, having it move up to that time would help ABC keep their fans that they'd otherwise lose after "DH" is over.

Mind you, I'm being very positive but please note - "No Ordinary Family" the cast saw the writing on the wall that Chiklis and others in that show were already doing test pilots and other TV show performances while said series was still filming. I haven't read any of the cast of "Pan Am" have been doing other TV pilots or the like. I'd really start worrying about this series if we hear any of them doing this.

What I'm honestly not seeing (though this could be wishful thinking) is that ABC would pull a series that has international appeal. That'd be like "Doctor Who" in its run from 2005 onward not going international even though there are fans all over the world.
    I do hope you are right. What you posted makes sense. Now its upto the ABC executives.

On a happier note, the spoilers for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang are out and IMO will be another great episode. Each of the girls will have a storyline.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate with her mission going bad, Dean and Colette scenes at his parents, Maggie with a little fling and my fav. Ted will have a major storyline and it will involve Laura getting jealous.
    Can't wait !
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-25-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fogey

I would appreciate it if those who post spoiler information could post it in a way that prevents those who don't want to read it from seeing it.

+ Reply to Thread