+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

CCL

Re: Pan AM

I read that it
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is Maggie in the make out scene (not an official view). My first impression was that it was Kate but it is rather dark and hard to tell. I don't think Goran/Niko is scheduled for more episodes but I would love if it was him (but not with Maggie, of course ).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

Too late to edit
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Watched preview again. Definitely Maggie in the kissing scene; the guy looks like the journalist. The voice after the gunshot sounds like Kate's, so most likely the make out scene and the gunshot are not related.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I think we are also misled into believing that no one was having a "bit of fun" by Production Code Hollywood. How Lucy Ricardo was able to get pregnant when she and Ricki had twin beds was something I contemplated as a teenager until I learned about the Production Code that basically said that even married couple were chaste. Something else to consider...we talk about Laura being from a certain social set that wouldn't do anything improper, yet Kate had no qualms about having a "bit of fun" with Nico on their first date (not that I blame her on that one!).
    Wealth of course doesn't have anything at all to do with who is better or more pure. And, Kate, well, she's older. What about young, wealthy Laura? That's just an image... just like the twin beds on TV for married couples.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Too late to edit
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Watched preview again. Definitely Maggie in the kissing scene; the guy looks like the journalist. The voice after the gunshot sounds like Kate's, so most likely the make out scene and the gunshot are not related.
    That sounds interesting. At least they will all feature in the next episode. I like it when each of them have a part to play rather than the focus on just a few and the rest blending into the background.

here's hoping that ABC renews. Wasn 't this week when they were to decide ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

CCL

I don't know. I hope so. I hear it is doing very well internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    For an alternative view, read The Group by Mary McCarthy and The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe. They weren't as sheltered as everyone is led to believe. They were just good at giving the illusion of propriety. And, yes, a lot got married to avoid the scandal but a lot had illegal abortions, too. Remember, it was wealthy women who had the resources to fight for the legalization of birth control and abortions.
    I agree. The girls/women of that time were not nearly as sheltered as one might think. But society was set up to have it appear that they were. The books you mention were two of my favorites from that era and both were made into films.
    norealityhere likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched the show last night like I usually do, doing other things at the same time, but for the first time since the premier I stopped & sat down & didn't want to miss a thing. This time it grabbed me 'till the very end.
    This was a great episode! I hope this is an indication of shows to come.
    Maybe it was because it didn't feature Laura very much. I just think her character is boring, irritating & blah, but the show seems to feature her way too much even though the other women are much more interesting. If they were going to have one of them have done nude photos, I would have expected them to have it be Laura, 100%. She seems to be the show's poster child, even though her character & acting are lacking.
    Also, I noticed her overly bleached blonde hair is gone & is back to a much more natural looking blonde. Big improvement, although this show may have been filmed before the color change.
    I'm looking forward to the next show for the first time. It may grab me yet.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Last week's episode, "Truth or Dare," had 5.17 million viewers and a 1.7 rating. This week's episode, "Unscheduled Departure," had 5.69 million viewers and a 1.8 rating.

FORT Fanatic

I just finished watching the episode and I cried when Henry died and my heart was pounding as they were taking off and...

Maybe the new showrunner helped this bird learn how to fly...!

Last night's episode was so much more interesting. Past episodes have felt like watching the scenery, but this one had so many different gripping plotlines. The Hatian girl they saved, Henry dying, the less-experienced captain not listening to the new 3rd chair guy, Colette & the captain kissing, dropping the suitcases off for weight, the rebels with guns, the doctor, etc. I was totally immersed, great show!

+ Reply to Thread