+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Pan AM

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    What is a showrunner? I've never heard that term before.
    Traditionally, an executive producer oversaw a show but as their responsibilities grew, the title/job "showrunner" came about. The showrunner is kind of like a cross between a producer (manager) and the story editor. They are responsible for making sure the show runs smoothly (hence the name).

CCL

He runs the show. . He's the producer who is overall in charge of the show, the direction it will take etc.

Edited to add: plus what JulieAnn said.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-09-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I read that the new showrunner is looking to make it more light-hearted and soapier rather than dramatic in its focus. Will have to see if that is true or not, and how it works. I'm not sure what episode he started on.
    I think they had about 3 unaired episodes when they hired the showrunner. They might have left those episodes as is. It must have been the showrunner who decided not to air the scheduled episode and air Truth or Dare instead. So far, his decisions aren't good. I'm not sure if the showrunner would order new scripts to replace existing scripts, or order rewrites on finished scripts.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 11-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.

I liked the way the show was going before the new showrunner got his hands on it.. Please don't change it.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

CCL

Spoilers for the Haiti episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Dean finally makes a move on Colette. He also brings her home to meet his parents, much to their surprise as they thought his girlfriend was still Bridget.
    Excited! I love Colette and I like her with Dean. There was also talk of the triangle with Bridget which maybe means she is coming back? I wonder if that would affect spy-Kate.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Dean finally makes a move on Colette. He also brings her home to meet his parents, much to their surprise as they thought his girlfriend was still Bridget.
    Excited! I love Colette and I like her with Dean. There was also talk of the triangle with Bridget which maybe means she is coming back? I wonder if that would affect spy-Kate.
    Speaking of bringing home a BF/GF, I think it would be interesting to see an epi where Laura brings Joe home to her "exclusive country club" mother.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Click to see Spoiler:

I love this spoiler and waiting for the Colette and Dean scenes. Wasn't this episode about a sick passenger and an emergency landing as well? I read somewhere that Ted and one of the girls went out looking for help.

I believe the last episode was already produced by the time the showrunner was in place. However, it is quite possible that he was responsible for dropping the previous episode in place of truth or dare. The thing is, there are already spoilers out and when we don't see whats in the spoilers on screen, it gets confusing for fans.

Speaking of confusing, the flashbacks in the last episode (truth or dare) were not done well at all. It was the 1st time that I found them confusing and without any effective flow. It was just "scene" and then boom "flashback". At times I wasn't even sure if we were in a flashback or not. The way they did the flashbacks in "one coin in a fountain" was great - Laura swaying in the plane moving to Laura swaying on the subway, Ted banging down cash on the bar counter to cash being banged on another counter for Ted. Very well done and made sense. Last episode...nothing.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Speaking of bringing home a BF/GF, I think it would be interesting to see an epi where Laura brings Joe home to her "exclusive country club" mother.
    Is the character Joe still around in future episodes ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I love this spoiler and waiting for the Colette and Dean scenes. Wasn't this episode about a sick passenger and an emergency landing as well? I read somewhere that Ted and one of the girls went out looking for help.
    Yes, but that didn't involve Colette so I didn't bother. Kidding. The sick passenger and diversion to Haiti is mentioned in the episode description so I didn't consider it a spoiler per se.

The actor who played Joe has not filmed any more episodes. He may come back in future but it depends if the writers/powers that be want him to (as per imdb and the actor's twitter). I'm thinking we will never see Joe again as he fulfilled the "very special episode of Pan Am wherein we see the racism of the 60s" function and that's now over. That's me being sarcastic about it but I do suspect they will just drop him and we will never hear about him again.
    JulieAnn likes this.

I don't know - Joe could return. It would depend on how long the show lasted as well as what years they stretch the series to in story land. The time they are nearing IS afterall the Civil Rights era.

I do think though given his responding to comments on Twitter and the like on his role that he was quite successful in playing the role and popular. That usually does help in the realm of ABC and casting.

+ Reply to Thread