+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan AM

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    So now we will be left with unanswered questions. Bah! On one hand, I'm glad that the new showrunner is tightening things up. On the other hand, I don't want these issues just glossed over.

And, I'm totally bummed that I won't be getting more Kate and Niko. That was the best thing about this show!
    Ditto. I kind of feel jipped. I mean, after making that big deal about Maggie ratting out Dean, and then--that's it? I want to know why he's still flying! A bigwig like that exec guy wouldn't have sat around while his mistress took "flying lessons" from a lowly pilot. And does Dean ever find out it was Maggie who told on him?

And I really would have liked seeing more of Niko. I really enjoyed this storyline. Skipping episodes caused some major continuity errors. A) We went from Niko returning to help a cousin at his trial to him being permanently recalled. (That would help explain why she try to "turn" him, to keep him safe.) B) Kate was asked to turn him, and then in the next epi goons are rushing in to kidnap him. Obviously she didn't convince him in the missing epi.

I hope they put this show on DVD one day. Maybe they'll include the lost epi for die-hard fans.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

They will likely put it out on DVD and hopefully the DVD will include all episodes. I mean, they released on dvd the Bionic Woman series from a couple years back that was cancelled abruptly and I think I may be the only one who liked that show. Not that I hope Pan Am is canceled any time soon.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

them changing their minds and showing episodes out of the origianal order is confusing me..I know they had to bring in someone new to make this show work and I can tell the difference in his works with the way the scenes are acting and the dialoge but it still gets weird trying to go back and forth since they aren't in order
    JulieAnn likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Well some good news for Ted and Laura fans. They have a scene coming up in the next episode. Though she had a thing with the sailor, their story is in no way done yet. Read this on Kristin spoilers (E!). Guess they are going slowly with this coupling
    I'm glad because I think they are the cutest thing ever.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fogey

The most recent show had a 1.7 rating. It was the lowest rated show out of all the Sunday evening network shows. The previous three Pan Am shows had a 1.8 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They will likely put it out on DVD and hopefully the DVD will include all episodes. I mean, they released on dvd the Bionic Woman series from a couple years back that was cancelled abruptly and I think I may be the only one who liked that show. Not that I hope Pan Am is canceled any time soon.
    That's exactly what happened with Firefly when the brilliant minds who ran Fox thought the audience wouldn't be able to understand it in the order Joss Whedon wanted, insisted he make changes, didn't an an episode or two, then canceled it years too soon. Not until it came out on DVD were we able to see all the episodes in their correct order.

That being said, Pan Am is losing me and I think it is mostly because of the spy storyline. Kate is supposed to be a strong woman who chose her own path, but she's yet another person manipulated by a corrupt CIA. I don't hate the show, but I won't miss it if goes away.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm still watching, sort of. The time slot is their savior for me. I do find myself doing other things while it is on & often miss the end because it just isn't holding my interest.
    It needs something, I just don't know what.
    If it goes away I won't miss it, unless they fill the time slot with something I'm not at all interested in.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have to confess that I'm getting a little disappointed, too. I think it's because of the shallowness of the storylines. I mean, Kate gets this gorgeous, exotic BF with a serious plot about him facing danger back at home, and he only lasts for 3 episodes? Really? And what about the Dean/Ginni/Maggie plot? Is that over with? Because that could have been spun out for longer, too.

I just wish they would do like other dramas, and have plot arcs that lasted, say, a season, so they could really develop the characters. Right now, I still think the show is cool, but I haven't really felt a connection to any of the characters since we saw the flashbacks about Ted while they were in Indonesia.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

CCL

I read that the new showrunner is looking to make it more light-hearted and soapier rather than dramatic in its focus. Will have to see if that is true or not, and how it works. I'm not sure what episode he started on.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What is a showrunner? I've never heard that term before.

+ Reply to Thread