+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

FORT Fogey

Re: Pan AM

Episode four of Pan Am saw a 44 percent lift in the demo (2.6, up from 1.8), when DVR viewing was included in the number of viewers of the show. If Pan Am was on at 8 or 9 instead of 10, Pan Am could likely have at least a 2.6, or maybe an even higher, rating.

CCL

The episode made me tear up tonight.
    Colette was not featured but there were some nice scenes with her and Dean.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This one was one of my favorite episodes of the show so far. I liked the scenes with Collette and Dean as well as just the underlying tone. Yes, they showed the harshness of the '60s in regard to racism; however, they also showed the positive in that there were white men and women who were against the racism and took a stance against racism. The little scene they duo has toward the end though did seem a bit out of place for the '60s - even then, but I understand they're going to take some liberties with history in this show for ratings (just like the bit where they've taken out stewardesses selling cigarettes or smoking).

And I was glad that Maggie didn't feature this week. Her hair was a mess though throughout the show.

Yeah, this show has a bit of fluff, but I do think the actors in this show as well as "Once Upon a Time" make it work with their strong acting.

CCL

They have referred to cigarettes before as Maggie told the obnoxious passenger (the one she later stabbed) that she would bring one to his seat.
    I'm mad they took out one episode as it means we only got 3 episodes of Niko instead of 4. Grr.

I too liked this episode. Some great acting from Kate/Nico particularly the last scene at the airport. I wonder if this is it for them ? The sailor did some great acting too.
    I loved the little scene with Colette and Dean in the cockpit. Cute. Maggie and Ted were completely put in the background for this episode. I wonder why they don't spread the storylines around in every episode rather than focusing on 1 or 2 storylines ?
    I also wish they showed more of Maggies "date" in NY - that reporter is the cutest thing ever and they barely showed a few seconds of him.

Did anyone catch previews for next week at all ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They have referred to cigarettes before as Maggie told the obnoxious passenger (the one she later stabbed) that she would bring one to his seat.
    I'm mad they took out one episode as it means we only got 3 episodes of Niko instead of 4. Grr.
    This is annoying. They did not show the episode "Romance Languages" instead they showed "Truth or Dare". Whats going on ?

Also, there was supposed to be an episode featuring the part about Laura's virginity which should have been episode 8 (truth or dare?) but they edited all that stuff out.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

CCL

They cannot show Romance Languages now as it would be confusing to have Niko there. Unless the edit it and add new stuff. I read that the powers that be found the episode slow and so decided to skip it.
    There were some hints as to Laura's virginity but no focus on it. I bet we never see Joe again.
    Next week they're flying into a hurricane and they have a medical emergency which causes them to divert the plane to Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    This is annoying. They did not show the episode "Romance Languages" instead they showed "Truth or Dare". Whats going on ?

Also, there was supposed to be an episode featuring the part about Laura's virginity which should have been episode 8 (truth or dare?) but they edited all that stuff out.
    Now I'm confused. Do you have a link to the epis and their descriptions?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

The episode they skipped was Romance Languages (destination: Rome).

Ginny follows Dean to Rome and gets very (scarily) clingy. Also learn the ramifications of Maggie's informing on Dean.
    A young passenger falls for Colette.
    More Kate & Niko storyline.
    Storyline with Laura and the Life photographer.

All of this was supposed to be in the last episode but they skipped airing the episode and went straight to the following episode, which was what was shown last night (Truth or Dare).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The episode they skipped was Romance Languages (destination: Rome).

Ginny follows Dean to Rome and gets very (scarily) clingy. Also learn the ramifications of Maggie's informing on Dean.
    A young passenger falls for Colette.
    More Kate & Niko storyline.
    Storyline with Laura and the Life photographer.

All of this was supposed to be in the last episode but they skipped airing the episode and went straight to the following episode, which was what was shown last night (Truth or Dare).
    So now we will be left with unanswered questions. Bah! On one hand, I'm glad that the new showrunner is tightening things up. On the other hand, I don't want these issues just glossed over.

And, I'm totally bummed that I won't be getting more Kate and Niko. That was the best thing about this show!

+ Reply to Thread