+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

FORT Fogey

Re: Pan AM

This episode was good. The stories were more involved, including the spy storyline. Kate is supposed to get her spy to switch sides. Maggie snitched to keep her job. That topic will be one of the storylines for next week's show. Could a flight attendant have gotten a job if she just said she spoke another language, without actually proving it?

I too enjoyed this episode. We got to see Maggies backstory a bit. Christina Ricci is an excellent actress though her eyes are completely distracting me. It was great to see her remorse at the end though. It will be interesting to see who the whole Dean/Ginni/Airline VP and Maggie storyline plays out. Ginni is slowing turning into a desparado. Great acting.
    I wish Colette had a greater input during that dinner with Dean/Ginni and the airline VP. She may as well have not even been there.
    The preview for the next episode is up. Both Kate and Laura have their storylines developing and Colette gets a (somewhat) new one. Nothing about Ted .
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This episode was good, but the ending has left me a bit confused. My guess is that:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Maggie isn't fired, but she's now currently suspended to taking plane ticket orders for a time in exchange for the dirt on the person she mentioned. She is unhappy though because she's betrayed a friendship or something.

BTW - What exactly has Maggie done that has gotten her into this situation to begin with?

If I'm wrong, please let me know. I got to only see the last 45 mins. of it because I came back a bit late from working at a haunted house.

If you are referring to the last scene, Maggie wasn't taking phone orders she was learning Portuguese (she was listening to the instructor on the headphones and repeating back). I didn't see the preview so I don't know if there is anything on that about phone orders?

Maggie is such a scrapper. She faked knowing Portuguese, she faked her college degree etc. in order to get hired by Pan Am. She's obviously smart since they showed her acing the college English course, I guess she just didn't have the finances to go to college on her own dime.

What did the preview show? The one I saw online didn't show Colette - it had Laura dating a black man and Kate and the Yugoslav storyline continuing.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-31-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The preview for ep 7 did not show Colette. However, the episode description that I have read mentioned Colette. A young boy develops a crush on her !

CCL

Aw. Thanks for sharing, nd4reality!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Aw. Thanks for sharing, nd4reality!
    np - I am absolutely obsessed with this show and am really enjoy discussing it with you all.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    If you are referring to the last scene, Maggie wasn't taking phone orders she was learning Portuguese (she was listening to the instructor on the headphones and repeating back). I didn't see the preview so I don't know if there is anything on that about phone orders?

Maggie is such a scrapper. She faked knowing Portuguese, she faked her college degree etc. in order to get hired by Pan Am. She's obviously smart since they showed her acing the college English course, I guess she just didn't have the finances to go to college on her own dime.

What did the preview show? The one I saw online didn't show Colette - it had Laura dating a black man and Kate and the Yugoslav storyline continuing.
    I love the fact that Maggie is so resourceful, as well. She left her dead end job, with no clear indication of where she was headed or what she wanted to do with her life. other than the fact she didn't want to be a waitress in her hometown for the rest of her life. She set her sights on becoming a flight attendant and did what she had to do to get hired. As someone said upthread, I'm not sure how she was able to be hired without proving her language fluency but some things we just have to take with a grain of salt, I guess. I really, really enjoyed this epi-- loved how they got into Maggie's back story and enjoying the Kate/Goran V. interaction.

CCL

Yes, I never really cared for Maggie one way or another but, after her backstory, I'm actually liking her a lot more.

FORT Fogey

Maggie is the leader of the new reality for women. Women are breaking free from the roles society requires them to play... but, along with the message of women gaining their so-called freedom, becoming their own person... the show has a Prince Charming. Ted is Prince Charming. He earns a good living and rescues damsels in distress.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    As someone said upthread, I'm not sure how she was able to be hired without proving her language fluency but some things we just have to take with a grain of salt, I guess.
    I think in this case they were more showing she was hired because of her hip shimmy and such then the language skills. And - I wonder if they did this per the 1960s supposed sexism in the workplace bit where she got the job because the man was the one doing the hiring.

BTW, thank you to the person who clarified the end part of the episode for me. I'm glad that they're allowing Maggie to continue, but it also was nice to do it in a way that should Ricci needed to leave for a few days for some movie or something Maggie could still be in lessons then come back reformed and even better.

I have to admit though this is a much better acted show than a lot of what I've seen as new this season. Then again, ABC tends to do really well in casting talent instead of face/looks in actors ("Charlie's Angels" being one of those rarer missteps. Still think the girl who was killed off was better than the other three put together).

+ Reply to Thread