+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Prime Suspect

Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed this. Gritty and realistic and very well acted.
    Maria Bello was excellent as the main character.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Re: Prime Suspect

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have it on my DVR and am planning to watch this weekend
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Let me know what you think after you watch it, Katy.
    I happen to love gritty police stories and this was definitely in that vein.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It's on again tonight as a repeat. If I don't break down and watch it online (or on On Demand), I'll watch it then.

I liked this one and will watch again I haven't seen the original "Prime Suspect" so I have nothing to compare it to - but I think from what I've heard from those who have seen the original, that may be a good thing I liked MB's character, and the infamous hat didn't really bother me. The only thing I really questioned was, since Jane's boyfriend and his ex clearly have a contentious relationship - and Jane is far from her favorite person....what in the world were they all doing having dinner out together? Surely they could have come to some civilized decision about his son staying overnight without a cozy double date??!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I have this dvr'd, but I'm a little afraid to watch because I enjoyed the original British series and don't want to be disappointed.

I like Maria Bello, but she's no Helen Mirren.

I thought the show was okay, although a bit dated. The rampant misogyny from all the men in her unit seemed a bit over-the-top, especially for 2011.
    Moontat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

I'm in the minority here. I hated it. Once the episode was (mercifully) over, I removed the series from my DVR.
    Moontat and Fanny Mare like this.

Well, I didn't hate it, but it's not something that will be on my "Do Not Miss" list. It's on opposite Private Practice, so at most, I'll catch this one OnDemand.

I like Maria Bello and Aiden Quinn, so they're about all that will keep me watching unless the show improves in coming episodes. Sometimes the first episode of a show is kind of clunky. Hopefully, that's the case with this one. Like I said above, I thought it was okay, but kind of cliched and dated.....and I didn't feel that way about the original.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I'm in the minority here. I hated it. Once the episode was (mercifully) over, I removed the series from my DVR.
    I wanted to like this.I love the original, its nothing like the original,or Helen Mirren. But as a stand alone Drama. I am not certain it will hold up. I may see it again, if I missed it, I wouldnt care

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast