Here's something else good regarding Person of Interest. I was belatedly reading an end-of-year Entertainment Weekly magazine. They listed the top 15 regularly scheduled series shows for 2011.
1. American Idol (Wed) 23.9 mil
2. American Idol (Thur) 22.0 mil
3. Dancing with the Stars 19.7 mil
4. Dancing with the Stars (results) 16.7 mil
5. NCIS 15.0 mil
6. American's Got Talent (Tue) 12.6 mil
7. NCIS: Los Angeles 12.5 mil
8. 2 Broke Girls 12.1 mil (huh?)
9. (tie) America's Got Talent (Wed) 11.9 mil / The Voice 11.9 mil
11. (tie) Person of Interest 11.8 mil / Unforgettable 11.8 mil
13. (tie) Once Upon a Time 11.6 mil / The X Factor (Wed) 11.6 mil
15. The X Factor (Thur) 11.5 mil
Of the top 10 shows the only one I watched this fall was Dancing with the Stars, & even that one was very sporatic.
Of the top 15 the only ones I watch regularly are Person of Interest, Unforgettable & Once Upon a Time.
I guess I don't have "popular" taste.
The singing competitions do nothing for me.
2 Broke Girls and POI are the only shows listed that I watch.
I'm not into the competition type shows at all. I watched a couple seasons of DWTS but the blatant rigging really got OTT.
I am intrigued by Nathan's son and his relationship with Finch. Apparently Reese is too, ha. I like the integration of Carter and how Fusco was calling to tell on her while she was talking to them and I really liked Reese talking about Finch when Finch was listening. This is one of my favorite shoes and I really think the caliber of the acting as both acting and through facial expressions is one reason I like it so much. Oh, that and when Finch comes out of nowhere and takes bad guys down like he did last night while Andrea was walking down the street being followed!
Put this in the category of "What Were They Thinking????"
Anyone who watched The X-Factor in the fall is very aware of who Astro is. (sigh) He's going to have a role on the 2/9 episode of POI. He plays a boy who wants to avenge his brother's death. It won't stop me from watching it, but just because of the bad taste Astro left behind, with me anyway, I just don't want to see or hear from him at all. I hate to see attitudes like that being rewarded.
The ratings were even better this past week than the week before!
- NFC Championship (New York Giants vs. San Francisco), 57.6 million viewers
- NFC Championship postgame, 31 million viewers
- American Idol (Wednesday), 21.9 million viewers
- American Idol (Thursday), 18 million viewers
- The Big Bang Theory, 15.8 million viewers
- Person of Interest, 14.4 million viewers
- The Mentalist, 14.2 million viewers
- Betty White's 90th Birthday, 13.9 million viewers
- NCIS (rerun), 13.2 million viewers
- Two and a Half Men, 13 million viewers
I'm so glad the show has caught on!
Wanna hear something funny – I watched Angel Eyes on the weekend and there’s a scene where Jennifer Lopez is going after a perp and she’s in danger and I was screaming for Reese to save her, which he did…..how silly, eh?
SOO glad to see POI climbing in the ratings..
I don't think the mystery woman is Zoey because Zoey is too smart to leave clues, like calling Finch "Harold". And if I followed the plot adequately they were working against each other. But perhaps someone related to Zoey, like her sister?