+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree440Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

There's some background information at Wikipedia -

Harold Finch (Michael Emerson): A reclusive, intensely private billionaire software genius, Finch developed a post-9/11 machine that can isolate the social security numbers of people with either premeditated homicidal intent or who will be homicide victims, based on its analysis of surveillance video. Following a traumatic event in his own life that lead to the death of his business partner, he recruits Reese, whom he addresses as "Mr. Reese", to help him deal with the people the machine identifies. Finch lives and works in an abandoned library, and shows the results of severe physical injuries, including the inability to turn his head, rigid posture, and a limp.

Nathan Ingram (Brett Cullen): Finch's deceased collaborator on The Machine. Ingram acted as the interface between the government and their company while the machine was under development. There is a memorial bust of him in the headquarters of their company.
    Since this is a JJ Abrams production, who knows when they'll give us enough of the backstory. Obviously how Finch was crippled is one of the mysteries, but I'll bet it was violent so I'm surprised he's so much of a pacificist, or perhaps that is why. I think i remember the bust and assumed it was of Finch.

I loved Finch's phone call to her at the end ("Now you know what we do.").
    That was awesome!!!

I too enjoyed the integration of Carter as well as the tidbits of Finch's backstory. I love learning a little bit each time but it make me want to know more more more!!!

The Rear Window stuff was great and I liked how Reese can still kick a$$ while on and with his crutches.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Newbie

Am I the only one that got a feeling right at the end that this former partner Nathan Ingram might not be a good guy after all? Don't recall exactly what he said, but it was near the end of their conversation at the end of the show. Then, when the screen went to a "blueprint" of the city (for lack of a better description) right before credits, it typed "Possible Threat: Nathan Ingram" or something like that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MeanestMomEver View Post
    Am I the only one that got a feeling right at the end that this former partner Nathan Ingram might not be a good guy after all? Don't recall exactly what he said, but it was near the end of their conversation at the end of the show. Then, when the screen went to a "blueprint" of the city (for lack of a better description) right before credits, it typed "Possible Threat: Nathan Ingram" or something like that . . .
    I didn't understand the potential relevance at the time because I didn't know his name then (I assumed it was one of the .gov guy). It could also mean he's a victim. Perhaps the traumatic event that killed Ingram and crippled Finch was about to happen. Or Ingram is dead because Finch had to kill him??

I got a bit of an ominous feeling during the end discussion with Finch and Ingram where he asked Finch to "look under the hood" and then Finch described how he was going to encrypt the OS so no one could see how it worked.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I had that same feeling. We talked about that very thing. It wouldn't be surprising.

Of course we loved this episode, as we usually do. Glad Carter got to help and loved the line also, that now she knows what they do. I liked how she told them that while she wanted to arrest Reese she didn't want to kill him. The scene with Finch going to the surgeon and dumping all that money out was great too. So much to like about this show and we may have a new viewer. My daughter sat down and watched it with us for the first time and seemed to like it.

The partner, Nathan, comes across slimy for some reason.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Congratulations to Person of Interest for winning the 2012 People's Choice award for Favorite New TV Drama. I concur!

Just like your daughter, JustCoz, I got sucked into this after my husband started watching. Fortunately I started watching on the 2nd episode. It's very addicting! And the acting by Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson is just superb. I can feel how much Finch cares for Reese - not just as his partner in saving people, but as his friend. And Jim Caviezel - looks aside, he was SO convincing as somebody who had recently been severely wounded. His face looked drawn like he was in constant pain, just as his character would be. I never forgot that he was recuperating. I like watching Grimm too, but the lead on that show was wounded pretty badly in the last episode, and he didn't convey the discomfort as much. Maybe his wounds weren't as bad, or he was on more medication. Reese is so tough, he would refuse any medication that might dull his senses.

I got precisely the same feeling about Ingram, especially after the "Possible threat: Nathan Ingram" message. Person of Interest is still my favorite new show of the season so far.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    There's some background information at Wikipedia -Since this is a JJ Abrams production, who knows when they'll give us enough of the backstory. Obviously how Finch was crippled is one of the mysteries, but I'll bet it was violent so I'm surprised he's so much of a pacificist, or perhaps that is why. I think i remember the bust and assumed it was of Finch.
    My husband said that he thinks Finch was thrown out of a window, like Locke in Lost.
    I also saw at the end where it said possible threat-Ingram.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread