+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Like Tree412Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    And me. I will give the next season a chance, but if they actually in the direction indicated in the story, they will have lost me. Root and Shaw as an item? Patently ridiculous. What is the problem with Finch remaining the one in control of the machine? He built it, after all, how knows it inside and out, to coin a phrase, and he isn't a wackadoodle. It saddens me when a great show goes bad because the writers want to prove how modern and clever they are.
    Haven't commented in here for quite awhile, and I didn't read the story, but I feel the same way about Root as you, coco46 and Uncle David feels. They will lose me as well and this was a show that I couldn't wait to watch.

This was one of the best shows on TV, with an excellent cast, but if they want to keep it that way they have to go back to their roots & scrap Vigilance.
    Couldn't agree more with the above and I didn't like the final at all. I have no idea what is going to happen now that they all have new identities. It just makes me sad that they took this route with one of my favorite shows.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 05-19-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Just had to add that I just read the story about what they are hinting at of doing with Root and Shaw. I must be dense because I never ever saw them leaning in that direction and was shocked to read that other people saw something developing between the two of them. NO, NO, NO to that!!!
    march and Florimel like this.

We finally watched the finale. It used to be we'd watch this show the same night it was on. We're still watching, but it's losing some of it's appeal. I don't care for Root's character, or most of the storyline this year. I hope they get back to the good show it was, but it doesn't appear to be heading in the right direction, IMO
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Just had to add that I just read the story about what they are hinting at of doing with Root and Shaw. I must be dense because I never ever saw them leaning in that direction and was shocked to read that other people saw something developing between the two of them. NO, NO, NO to that!!!
    I really don't think that is happening. I think Root flirts with Shaw to jerk her around and because Shaw is so black and white and serious all the time. Folks just take that fooling around and go the extra step.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I find it hard to believe they will keep them apart for long, since the relationships are what make the show. True, for now they are safer apart, but I'm betting that at least the first half of the next season is first a couple of shows about them trying to function alone, and then about trying to find a way to be together again.

I hope they don't spend too many episodes bringing them back together ---that's not why i love the show. I tolerate the nonsense of Root and the episodes that focused too much on the machine --- I want them to get back to doing POI on a more regular basis. Bring back the fixer too!
    Florimel likes this.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The other day I saw an ad for another show, and the guy who played one of their helpers...Leon....was on the ad in a way that implied he was a regular. If that takes off that's one more person we won't see again for a while. And I think Finch's girlfriend/real life wife also has a "real" other job. Hope they bring back Elias at some point. Is he still on that summer cop show from Canada? Anyway, somehow I feel most sorry for Fusco, who's stuck at his old job without any of his "connections", while the rest are out having new adventures.
    Last edited by PWS; 06-09-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    Miss Scarlet and Coco46 like this.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I think this show has gotten a little bit off track from the reason I started watching it. I know the creators want to keep changing things and be fearless and whatnot, but for me it has just gotten to be too much.

I started watching POI because I liked the characters and I liked what they did each week. I didn't mind the HR stuff at first, but then it seemed like the show revolved around it. I was pissed when Carter got killed, but I kept watching. I loved the addition of Shaw. Root, meh. If those two have a romance, I will be super mad. I didn't notice any flirting or chemistry between those two, I just enjoyed their back and forth banter. I'd like to see that banter continue next season.

The Decima/Control/Vigilance thing for me was too drawn out, just like HR. I liked the show better when there was a "case" each episode and the rest was sort of a secondary story. Now everything with the Machine and people fighting has become the main storyline and I don't like it.

I guess I am one of those people that likes a show to follow a certain formula. Keep the Machine the way it was, have our favorite characters help people, and call it an episode. That is what drew me in and that is what will keep me. I don't mind a show evolving and changing, but POI just isn't doing it in a way I care to keep watching. Will I keep watching though? Probably.
    Wake up and be awesome

This is still one of my favorite shows, but I agree that this season took an unfortunate turn. I didn't like the ending at all.
    It seems like it started when Carter left. The cast of characters of Finch, Reese, Lionel, Shaw, Elias, Bear, are excellent, but Root needs to leave, and the sooner the better.

I hope next season the show can get back on track & somehow manage to reset to what made it great to begin with. But either way, I'm not going anywhere yet. Good shows that I like are hard to find.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

^ so you all do agree that the change in the shows direction was a bit to drastic?

i been saying that the whole mood of the show changed after they wrote off carter. not saying that they shouldnt have did that (because it was excellent writing everything up to and including that) but i dont know if anything after that point in the season was executed in the best possible way

i still love the show and hope they manage to pull off a writing miracle for season 4 [all i will say is that not so long ago a fantastic show called FRINGE made a major transition from season 3 to season 4...the characters that we knew were GONE it was disasterous and completely altered the show...just saying]

i dont think leon tau is gonna come back. he would have been a great regular addition (maybe he still can be )

as far as the root/shaw stuff i remember i brought it up early on and people were like what are you talking about... just remember its not a storyline, the banter is just to add a little comedic element to the episodes

free yourselves of the root hate and the spillover shaw hate

+ Reply to Thread