+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree412Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

I thought it was rather bizarre that a police officer just stood there and let a bunch of spooks ambush a fellow spook and shoot him down with no warning. That is murder and Carter stood by as if it was nothing and then decided to go after a wonded Reese and what arrest him? Why didn't she attempt to shoot, disarm or arrest the spooks? Or is the government now sanctioned to kill anyone in the US will not due process and no trial. That was a huge disconnect for me.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought it was rather bizarre that a police officer just stood there and let a bunch of spooks ambush a fellow spook and shoot him down with no warning. That is murder and Carter stood by as if it was nothing and then decided to go after a wonded Reese and what arrest him? Why didn't she attempt to shoot, disarm or arrest the spooks? Or is the government now sanctioned to kill anyone in the US will not due process and no trial. That was a huge disconnect for me.
    Mr. Reese is no longer a "fellow spook"...he's a "former spook". And according to the story they told, he murdered his former partner.

I'm not saying that I believe their story...that Reese has gone rogue, that he's just randomly killing people now. But that's all Carter had to go on. And I think she realized that something was up when she saw Reese with Finch.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think she realized that something was up when she saw Reese with Finch.
    I don't recall the circumstances of when she met Finch. One of his many impersonations, I suppose. Could someone please refresh my memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I don't recall the circumstances of when she met Finch. One of his many impersonations, I suppose. Could someone please refresh my memory?
    It was two episodes. It started with the one where the vet's number came up (he was now working as a door man). He (the vet, that is) had gotten in with a group of other vets who were committing different robberies. Reese infiltrated the group in time for their last job (robbing the police station). Finch went in to get information to Reese because the gang had thrown away all mobile phones. Finch ended up on tape, where Carter noticed that he talked to one of the gunman (who happened to be Reese).

It finished with the following episode. Carter visited Finch (well, one of his aliases) to ask him what was said in the police station.

Mr. Reese is no longer a "fellow spook"...he's a "former spook". And according to the story they told, he murdered his former partner.

I'm not saying that I believe their story...that Reese has gone rogue, that he's just randomly killing people now. But that's all Carter had to go on. And I think she realized that something was up when she saw Reese with Finch.
    OK, but they didn't tell her that they planned to have one be a sniper and Reese didn't have a gun in his hand when they shot him. I don't think that is kosher with most police procedure.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

In case anyone else was wondering if we would still be getting more new episodes this season (it seems more and more shows take a hiatus mid-season), the next new episode is on January 12. The description says that Finch and Reese involve Carter in their next case. Maybe because Reese is recuperating? I'm starting to think that Fusco is going to be off'd before the end of the season, and Carter will be their inside person. But every time I think I have this show figured out, they throw a curve ball.

I'm so glad this show is back! They did a great job of integrating Carter...I loved Finch's phone call to her at the end ("Now you know what we do.").

But I missed about 15 minutes toward the beginning (my kidney donor called...it was kinda important to answer ;-) ), so I'm not sure how Finch ended up in that office or who the guy was (who owned the laptop that Finch poured coffee on). I'll catch it online tomorrow and let my brain stitch it together.

It was interesting to see them deal with several things at one time, especially since Reese is in a wheelchair while he's recuperating.

I enjoyed the references to the movie Rear Window last night and love that Carter was part of the team. Hope she continues.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I missed about 15 minutes toward the beginning, so I'm not sure how Finch ended up in that office or who the guy was (who owned the laptop that Finch poured coffee on).
    That was one of the flashbacks to 2005 when Finch and his partner (the guy with the laptop) were constructing the computer program. We've seen pieces of that before. Not sure what the partner's role is since Finch seems to be doing all the work. They were being investigated by .gov so Finch had to disable the laptop before the bad guys arrived. The .gov bad guys were connected to the group that would make use of the terrorism information generated by the computer, but Finch knew they must never understand how it works or get control of the program.

Now that we know Finch did the work for $1, I believe we still don't know where his incredible wealth came from. Was it just the company he owns? (We did see the show where he shorted the investment banker and made more money that way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That was one of the flashbacks to 2005 when Finch and his partner (the guy with the laptop) were constructing the computer program. We've seen pieces of that before. Not sure what the partner's role is since Finch seems to be doing all the work. They were being investigated by .gov so Finch had to disable the laptop before the bad guys arrived. The .gov bad guys were connected to the group that would make use of the terrorism information generated by the computer, but Finch knew they must never understand how it works or get control of the program.
    Thanks!

I thought the guy looked familiar (probably from flashbacks in other episodes), but without the timeline thingy (which they could have shown but that I could have missed), I was getting confused...I couldn't figure out how Finch had time to keep going to all those places. Although I did notice the different glasses and how he didn't have a limp.

+ Reply to Thread