+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

Camryn Manheim has a new show for next season, Extant, so I suspect we won't see her much, or at all, on Person of Interest nest season.

If the show runners don't get rid of Root, they will lose a lot of their audience. She is not at all entertaining to watch; her use of the female pronoun when referring to the machine is like scraping chalk on a blackboard to me. I generally use the time her scenes are on for a bathroom break or to make a snack.

Greer is an example of a villainous character who is consistently watchable. His performance just draws the viewer in. To me he seems to be a 21st century Adolf Hitler whose motivation is to control the world, run it as he sees fit, and to exterminate his "undesirables."
    Uncle David and Coco46 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Dogg and razorbacker like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Camryn Manheim has a new show for next season, Extant, so I suspect we won't see her much, or at all, on Person of Interest nest season.

If the show runners don't get rid of Root, they will lose a lot of their audience. She is not at all entertaining to watch; her use of the female pronoun when referring to the machine is like scraping chalk on a blackboard to me. I generally use the time her scenes are on for a bathroom break or to make a snack.

Greer is an example of a villainous character who is consistently watchable. His performance just draws the viewer in. To me he seems to be a 21st century Adolf Hitler whose motivation is to control the world, run it as he sees fit, and to exterminate his "undesirables."
    You say that as though you have the inside scoop. Seems to me as thought there are a lot of folks that like the Root character.

i love me some #root

i never cared about amy acker until this role

notice her character was an integral part of all 3 finales

and she was given narration duty in this finale

no possible way she would be wrote off unless she quits or something

like i said shes the first person we will probably see when the show returns, probably some silly scenario involving her new identity

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

And I will be one of them. I think there are more of us than you think, Razorbacker. I have read in other places that feel the same way and friends that have expressed this. I guess we will have to see how next season unfolds, but if Root becomes the root of this show (pun intended), it will lose me.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    thanks for that, i like how the showrunners mentioned they like being reckless, lol

told yall since day one about Root/Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    And I will be one of them. I think there are more of us than you think, Razorbacker. I have read in other places that feel the same way and friends that have expressed this. I guess we will have to see how next season unfolds, but if Root becomes the root of this show (pun intended), it will lose me.
    And me. I will give the next season a chance, but if they actually in the direction indicated in the story, they will have lost me. Root and Shaw as an item? Patently ridiculous. What is the problem with Finch remaining the one in control of the machine? He built it, after all, how knows it inside and out, to coin a phrase, and he isn't a wackadoodle. It saddens me when a great show goes bad because the writers want to prove how modern and clever they are.
    Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I can't take another season with Root as a main character. It's Finch's relationship with The Machine for which I tune in. Also, I too hate the anthropomorphization of The Machine by Root. For me, much as I enjoy Amy Acker, Root has got to go!
    Florimel, Miss Scarlet and Coco46 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I can't take another season with Root as a main character. It's Finch's relationship with The Machine for which I tune in. Also, I too hate the anthropomorphization of The Machine by Root. For me, much as I enjoy Amy Acker, Root has got to go!
    Root is not the main character of this series is has mainly been about Reese and Finch. It is now more of an assemble piece.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Please note I used the article 'a' not 'the'.
    Florimel likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread