+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

My big problem with her is that she tortured Finch. I can't get past that. Bad guys - fine. But torturers - nope. She burnt her bridges with me & they're not coming back.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Just read that Nestor Carbonell will be guest starring. His story will be with Shaw, which I'm sure will be great; I can see those two actors having great screen chemistry. But, sadly, there's nothing between him and Michael, so we won't see a redux of Ben Linus and Richard Alpert.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Just read that Nestor Carbonell will be guest starring. His story will be with Shaw, which I'm sure will be great; I can see those two actors having great screen chemistry. But, sadly, there's nothing between him and Michael, so we won't see a redux of Ben Linus and Richard Alpert.
    First off, I really like Nestor Carbonell. I've liked him in everything I've seen him in, with Lost my favorite, so I'm looking forward to his appearance.
    But you had to go and rain on my parade when you said he has no scenes with Michael Emerson.

As much as I enjoyed Michael's portrayal of Ben Linus on Lost, I see him as Harold Finch now. I guess that's what a good actor is supposed to do, and he certainly is one.
    I swear if I saw the actor in a part walking normally, I'd think: "Hey, what happened to his limp?"
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Sorry about that, Miss Scarlet. I, too, was disappointed. Like you, I also see Michael as Finch now, but I'll never forget him as Ben, where I first got to see his remarkable talent. If I still lived in NYC, I'm sure I'd have seen him several times on Broadway.

I can't help but be nostalgic whenever I see my Lost actors working together in something new.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

mmmm......torture by wasabi. Didn't see that coming.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree. Root always lowers my enjoyment of an episode. I generally believe the story should be left in the hands of its creators, but the whole Root thing was a bad idea IMO. The character just creeps me out (kudos Amy Acker for being able to do that) but I'm very tempted to fast forward through any Root scenes just read about what I need to catch up on later. None of the other evil characters make me feel that way.
    I feel the same way about Root and I don't think that feeling will ever leave. Like you said kudos to Amy for being able to make some of us feel the way we do about her. I just wish they had left Root out of the equation. When you get to the point that you want to fast forward someone on a show that is not a good feeling. I have never felt that way about anyone else on this show.

My big problem with her is that she tortured Finch. I can't get past that. Bad guys - fine. But torturers - nope. She burnt her bridges with me & they're not coming back.
    Miss Scarlet - ITA
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    mmmm......torture by wasabi. Didn't see that coming.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

It never dawned on me until this episode that the actress who plays Kara (the wasabi queen) is the same actress who played Debra on The Following. I'm a bit slow at times!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    It never dawned on me until this episode that the actress who plays Kara (the wasabi queen) is the same actress who played Debra on The Following. I'm a bit slow at times!
    I think Wasabi Queen is a great nickname.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I watch The Following as well and I hated it when Debra was killed off and the way it happened. I think that is the only show I remember seeing her on that she was one of the good guys. I remember the actress from being on ATWT and she turned crazy on that soap as well. She wasn't always crazy, but they sure turned her into that type of character.

+ Reply to Thread