+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

I agree with all the posts about the last show and can't add anything that hasn't already been said. I have been missing the interruptions because of the Olympics and am looking forward to the next show.

anders332

yeah - Root is the only character that doesn't seem to fit in and I hope is eliminated by the end of the season.
    I feel the same way. I guess I am still missing Carter and would rather have her on the show. So far just not feeling Root.

New episode tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really liked last night's episode. Learning that there was a pre-Reese was interesting, and having Shaw be the one who did the final dispatching of him. Quite the jerk, though. No wonder Finch has problems trusting people.

I liked the way the show integrated the current team members & other characters we know, like Cameron Manheim's, all true-to-form in their personalities. The only thing missing was a years past Carter & Fusco.
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I really liked last night's episode. Learning that there was a pre-Reese was interesting, and having Shaw be the one who did the final dispatching of him. Quite the jerk, though. No wonder Finch has problems trusting people.

I liked the way the show integrated the current team members & other characters we know, like Cameron Manheim's, all true-to-form in their personalities. The only thing missing was a years past Carter & Fusco.
    I really liked the episode, too. I laughed when Dillinger told Harold he should get a dog, and Harold scoffed. I loved how they worked Shaw into the story. My only disappointment was having Root show up at the end!
    Florimel, Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I agree. Root always lowers my enjoyment of an episode. I generally believe the story should be left in the hands of its creators, but the whole Root thing was a bad idea IMO. The character just creeps me out (kudos Amy Acker for being able to do that) but I'm very tempted to fast forward through any Root scenes just read about what I need to catch up on later. None of the other evil characters make me feel that way.
    mushybrain, Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Root doesn't freak me out ... I really appreciate the performance Amy Acker gives as I had watched her on Angel (spin off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and Joss Whedon is brilliant in picking out folks with talent. I like the edge of creepy she gives the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

And I loved how it showed the contrast betwen Finch's (what he thought was) a level of trust with Dillinger and the actual trust he has for Reese.

Fantastic episode - they tied a lot of things together that actually made sense.
    Miss Scarlet and Jaceegirl like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

great episode

lol, but why all the Root hate?

that was a perfect way to end the episode

remember Root is one of the good guys now all that kidnapping Harold and murdering and stuff is ancient history

she works for "Her" now

and "She" (the machine) wanted Root to collect Casey and send him to Colombia with the other dude Greenfield because they are "necessary"

perfect way like i said to end the episode by incorporating Root and ending with Casey. The writers did a hell of a job tieing in all the people

I don't care for Root not because of her motivation, but because she's a loose cannon and her character doesn't fit with the feel of the show. As cartoonish and unreal as this show is supposed to be, it goes a little too far with having Root appear regularly with her 'mental health issues'.

The idea was that the machine was only communicating with Root, but we know the machine is still feeding information to Finch - which is not how they portrayed that. They told the story as if the machine was grateful to Root for freeing her and wanted nothing to do with Finch and the team, and now that's all been forgotten...???
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Another reason I don't like the character is her use of the female pronoun when referring to the machine. I don't think of the machine as female or male for that matter, so the machine "character" is also spoiled for me. If they must personify it, then gender neutral would have been my preference.

For a character such as Root to be one your want to watch, the character must have something that makes you "root" for him/her. (Pardon the pun, please.) The two best examples off the top of my head would be Ben Linus in Lost and Jayne in "Firefly."
    Coco46 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread