+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree465Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

I'm going to really miss Carter and the actress that played her. I'm still angry that she was the one killed (whom else it should have been, I don't know). As Jaceegirl said, I will miss the dynamics of John, Finch, Carter and Fusco (including Bear). I liked the story lines with them and don't really like Root, but tolerate Shah. I will continue to watch, but may change my mind later. I agree, that the actress who played Carter (wish I knew her name but will google it so that I can keep an eye on her in future ventures) will get other work. From the comments here, looks like she already has quite a following.

Carter's demise reminded me of Kate's on NCIS. I thought everyone was going to make it and then in a shocker ending Kate was shot. CBS loves to do that.

Yes, they do and I hate them for it!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I read an article a couple of days ago about how when Taraji took the role she knew it was not on a permanent basis = that the character would have a beginning, middle and end - she just didn't know when it would be. And she's cool with that since she didn't want to commit to a long running series since she likes be able to spread her wings.

I the mushy John/Carter stuff was too fake - it didn't ring true to me at all.

And I really thought that the next episode would have them chasing Simmons - so I didnt' see that ending coming - and why wasn't she wearing a vest?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

During a couple of the many interviews Taraji and the writers have done over the last couple of days, they've all mentioned that the kiss between Carter and John wasn't scripted...it was his idea and no one knew he was going to do it ahead of time. And when they edited the scene, they thought it worked better with the kiss than without, which is why it stayed in.
    Punkin, Florimel, PWS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    During a couple of the many interviews Taraji and the writers have done over the last couple of days, they've all mentioned that the kiss between Carter and John wasn't scripted...it was his idea and no one knew he was going to do it ahead of time. And when they edited the scene, they thought it worked better with the kiss than without, which is why it stayed in.
    Awwwwwwwww.
    PWS and Coco46 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And here I thought she was doing such a good job of acting looking surprised!

Maybe Mr. Caveizel has a little crush on Ms Henson......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Maybe Mr. Caveizel has a little crush on Ms Henson......
    Not sure why that would occur to you. Both are good actors and as such are sometimes driven to improvise by the emotion of the scene. He's been married for a long time and he and his wife are apparently both devout Catholics. That, of course, doesn't necessarily mean much, but I think it would indicate no attachment between Jim and Taraji.

What I did find surprising when I looked for a little more information about her is that the father of her child was murdered in 1996, a hint of art imitating life there a bit. Also found out that she's related to Matthew Henson, the first African American arctic explorer and who is though to be the first man to reach the North Pole. I find that kind of fascinating.

Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Sometimes the good shows move to fast for me. I was really into it when it first started but then I would get lost during an episode and end up only paying half attention to it. I could never stop watching just because I love all of the characters so much. Although it is my opinion that they haven't used Michael Emerson to the best of his ability. It was because of his character, Ben Linus, that I wanted to watch this show in the first place. I think Harold Finch just falls a little flat in comparison.

I haven't watched the last episode yet. I really hate to hear that we lose Carter. From all the comments here and the previews I've seen I had gathered that was what was going to happen. But I'm surprised to see so many of you think a romantic scene between her and John would be so forced. I have always thought there was some kind of an underlying romantic thing going on with them. And I might be making it up in my own head but I remember in some of the first episodes them talking about getting together. Like John said something flirty and Carter shut him down because she still wasn't sure he wasn't some deranged lunatic fugitive. And several times they've both been shown watching the other one with that "look". The one that says, "I secretly love you but i'm keeping those feelings buried deep because we have to much other stuff going on to worry about hooking up right now but one day..."
    Starbucks880 and TripleGemini like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread