+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Person of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I liked that this wasn't a traditional cliffhanger but also that they keep us on our toes by showing that John isn't magically able to get out of everything. I did like how Finch came to the bank too and how he's taking a more active investigation role. His line about riding unsafely on the back of a motorcycle and it being "exhiliarating!" cracked me up.

For once, I'm actually glad all my shows are going on hiatus - I have too much stuff to do in the evenings and can't concentrate on the shows while I'm trying to prepare for the holidays.
    Good point! What I'd like is if they would do reruns of the competing shows that I would have liked to have watched/taped if it were not for show X (like PoI). Then I could catch up on those while I wrap, etc.
    Florimel likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

My husband heard there would be a cliff-hanger, so he forewarned me that I wasn't going to be happy with this episode. I have been afraid that Bear will sacrifice himself to save either Finch or Reece, so I thought that was what he was inferring. That sure softened the disappointment of a cliff-hanger! At least Bear lives! Reece will be OK. It's just a matter of how.
    Florimel likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I agree - this show is doing very well, John will never be caught --- I suspect when it eventually gets cancelled they will somehow leave it so we know he's still out there saving more lives - and shooting people in the knees!!
    Florimel and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

But is it the season-ending cliffhanger??

nope- several shows are doing what they're calling the mid-season cliffhanger - To Be Continued after the holiday break - not sure when new programming will start up again - I assume sometime in January.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Hey, we get our next show on 1/3/13! I thought they'd keep us waiting a little longer. It's titled 2-Pi-R. The brief description is:
    The team's newest Person of Interest is a teen genius and Finch goes undercover as a substitute teacher to protect him. Meanwhile, Carter takes on her first assignment as a temp agent for the FBI.

The next week, 1/10/13, will also be a new episode, titled Prisoner's Dilemma. The description is:
    While Carter tries to maintain her cover as an FBI temporary agent while helping Reese, Fusco has to protect a new Number on his own while Reese ducks some old enemies from the past.

It's hard to tell if Reese will be free by the end of next week's episode, or will he even be free by the end of the 2nd week? Why is Fusco protecting somebody on his own, unless Reese is still detained, or they have too many numbers at once?

well, the description says "Reese ducks some old enemies from the past" so I would assume they're bringing back his old partner, the one that tried to kill him. (played by Annie Parisse)

All the FBi has to go on is 'the man in a suit' and Carter's eye witness account and we know she's not going to finger him so they will have nothing to hold him on.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    All the FBi has to go on is 'the man in a suit' and Carter's eye witness account and we know she's not going to finger him so they will have nothing to hold him on.
    If they get a whiff of his former CIA (??) days and training, such as through fingerprint analysis, that will be a problem for him, especially if the CIA (??) agents out to get him learn about it (those might be the "old enemis from the past). Also, what about the other 3 guys in suits? Can they be trusted to play along with the charade?

There are so many jump-the-shark plot maneuverings in this series, but it's otherwise written and acted so brilliantly I haven't cared.

They have Reese's fingerprints. First, Carter got them on the first episode when he was still a bum. That's when they said he was linked to a lot of crimes (such as the scene at his ex-gf's house, when the ex's husband disappeared). Also, in a later episode, Finch had Reese handle a prescription bottle, then had Fusco plant it in another state (like VT or CT) to get Agent Snow to leave town quickly because they found his prints in the other state.

Therefore, I am really curious about how Reese could possibly get out of this!

Oh, I'd forgotten about the fingerprints. But I wouldn't be surprised if Finch figures out a way to replace John's real fingerprints with someone else's so that John is safe.

+ Reply to Thread