+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was great how they ended it! I was thinking they wouldn't let him
    Click to see Spoiler:
    shot that guy, because then he wouldn't be as likeable, but he really deserves to be shot, so the ending was perfect.
    wonder if we'll ever find out his choice?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Usually I hate when they end a show on such and ambiguous note..I want to know!! But somehow last night it worked perfectly. Loved it! I don't think they would have been afraid to show Reese shoot that guy...we know from the first couple of shows he has no problem killing the bad guys. But then again, he let the drug dealers live too. Maybe they are trying to soften him a bit (I hope not!!) or maybe they're just being careful about showing him only kill killers? Or maybe that is where Reese himself draws the line Or....maybe he did blow him away and disposed of the body in the lye Either way, this show has been consistently excellent. I'm curious to see where they take things now that Reese got has gotten his inside guy Fusco paired up (or least super close) with Carter. Finch is on her radar now, and I somehow don't think she's going to let that drop too easily...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I envisioned that Reese would goad the bad guy into grabbing the gun, try to shoot Reese, but it's a trick gun and backfires. So technically it's suicide and Reese is morally off the hook.

But I agree, it worked to not know what happened.

It definitely worked for me not to know what happened, and it also provides possibility for a recurring arc. There is a lot of character backstory still to be revealed for all the characters. I have the feeling, though it is just a feeling, that we've not seen the last of this particular bad guy and perhaps not of the doctor. I could just as easily be wrong.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Couldn't catch last evening's show. Did we learn any more about Reece or Finch?

Thanks, B.

I wanted to watch but Comcast doesn't offer it on demand.

CBS has it available on their website, Cornholio
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We did not learn a whole lot more about Reese or Finch, but we did see that the beginnings of growth in their relationship with each other. We also saw that Carter is suspicious of Detective Fusco and that she's not so sure that Reese is as bad as she originally thought.

As said above, CBS is showing full episodes of this series on cbs.com, at least for now. All the episodes are there, except that I think the pilot is gone now. You can also get there through hulu.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The show has been picked up for the entire season.
    Katydyd likes this.

That's great news! I had a feeling that would happen when CBS ordered more episodes last week, but I'm happy it's for sure now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread