+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

Where did you see that, PWS? Everywhere I've looked says it was renewed a while ago and shows in on the Fall 2012 schedule, same day, same time.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I got turned on to this show late in the season. Can someone tel mel why Finch's partner speaks in a whisper?
    I haven't read anything about the reasoning behind Reese being so soft-spoken. I always thought it was just a very interesting character trait that either Jim Caviezel or the writers came up with to contradict the violence Reese is capable of. That, and it is just damn sexy.
    Florimel, Hyper, Jamie5632 and 3 others like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I also think the soft voice makes him appear more dangerous. In public speaking it is often said that if you want to gain someone's attention, whisper, do not shout. The listener will have to pay attention.
    Moontat likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also think the soft voice makes him appear more dangerous. In public speaking it is often said that if you want to gain someone's attention, whisper, do not shout. The listener will have to pay attention.
    You are so right!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh whew! It was while I was driving across the country, some local paper's TV column....WHEW! Thanks, all!

Re the soft spoken thing...Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy both did it....to make people (men?) lean closer to them to hear...it was a conscious coy thing. Ugh. Personally it makes me want to ignore someone unless I think they are just very shy. Very irritating in real life, and it's gotten more so as I've aged and have enough trouble hearing people who speak normally.

In the co-hero's case though I think they do do it to contrast with his rough physical skills, and I can see that.
    Last edited by PWS; 05-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.

I get the comments about the whispering. Maybe it's there for the reasons you state upthread. I can hear what he's saying, I just keep thinking I want him to speak up. LOL

GREAT Finale!!!

I just wanna know what the back up plan is - who's behind the camera now?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I thought it was really interesting too when he looked directly at it and they were just there waiting. Who's on that phone call?!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I thought it was really interesting too when he looked directly at it and they were just there waiting. Who's on that phone call?!
    He's talking to the machine! It's AI. The phone call was from the machine. Just like when Finch was near his ex-fiance's house and he got a phone call. He later said it was programmed to alert him whenever she was near. So we know the machine can make calls to public phones. What it said is a whole 'nother question.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    He's talking to the machine! It's AI. The phone call was from the machine.
    Thanks! I don't think I understood that at the time. It makes it more believable that Reece will be able to piece things together next season.

+ Reply to Thread