+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Re: Person of Interest

Fusco has become one of the most complex characters on this show. You're not quite sure how he's going to react. At first I thought he was the stereotypical fat overconfident dirty cop but he has become really intriguing.

Great episode this week. Good main plot with twists and connections to the larger plot plus some past reveals. The structure reminded me of some episodes of the awesome old series La Femme Nikita.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

this show just keeps getting better.

the shoes were a dead giveaway.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    this show just keeps getting better.

the shoes were a dead giveaway.
    The shoes got my attention too. She was wearing a blue elegant dress, and sparkly red heels would never work with that.

OK, dead giveaway of what? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    It sounds like there has been a mixup with The Mentalist. The episode of that show involved a blue sequined dress and red sparkly shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    as soon as I saw the shoes I knew it was Reese's 'dead' partner.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Oh those shoes! Yes dead giveaway I was catching up on shows and watched the Mentalist and Person of Interest at the same time. Shoes were pivotal to both plots.
    Last edited by SpringMaiden27; 04-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I didn't get to watch until last night. I just love this show!!! And I love Reese and Finch. And Carter.

So there I was, thinking how we've been seeing a more violent side of Reese. My husband used to point out that he always would just shoot the bad guys in the legs, but we were finding that abusing women crosses the line with Reese. But hold on! Yes, it still crosses the line with him, but he's not killing them. Just framing them for drugs where they won't be able to get out of it! Love it, love it, love it! So evidently that's where his ex-gf's husband is. I wonder if they'll keep up with that story in the next episodes, or if they won't mention it.
    mushybrain likes this.

I am getting a kick out of Finch's business cards. In the episode where he was drugged, the name on his business card was Harold Crow. In this past episode, the name on the business card he gave Reese was Harold Wren. He has apparently also used Harold Crane and Mr. Partridge as aliases (but I didn't notice these).

I also found a website listing some amusing allusions:

Michael Emerson saying "I've been watching you for a long time, John" sounds familiar. (Benjamin Linus talking to John Locke in Lost)

In the episode "Witness," a student of the teacher John is protecting is reading The Count of Monte Cristo as a homework assignment. (Jim Caviezel played the count in the 2002 version of the movie.)

In one episode, Detective Carter tells Reese that he can't keep playing God. (Jim Caviezel played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ.)
    Last edited by mushybrain; 05-06-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am getting a kick out of Finch's business cards. In the episode where he was drugged, the name on his business card was Harold Crow. In this past episode, the name on the business card he gave Reese was Harold Wren. He has apparently also used Harold Crane and Mr. Partridge as aliases (but I didn't notice these).

I also found a website listing some amusing allusions:

Michael Emerson saying "I've been watching you for a long time, John" sounds familiar. (Benjamin Linus talking to John Locke in Lost)

In the episode "Witness," a student of the teacher John is protecting is reading The Count of Monte Cristo as a homework assignment. (Jim Caviezel played the count in the 2002 version of the movie.)

In one episode, Detective Carter tells Reese that he can't keep playing God. (Jim Caviezel played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ.)
    Thanks Mushybrain! I meant to mention the bird references after seeing Harold's business card with Harold Wren on it. I think I do remember Harold Crane, but didn't catch the significance when it happened. Mr. Partridge rings a bell too.

Thanks also for the other Easter eggs. Fun info!

I am really looking forward to finding out how Finch was injured. Does it have anything to do with his partner's death - if he really is dead? Finch was evidently investigating Reese when Reese found out about his ex-gf. Was that really shortly after Finch was injured and recuperating?

+ Reply to Thread