+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Charlie's Angels

Charlie's Angels

So who watched the premiere?

My negative is way too much kung fu for me, does anyone even actually fight like that in real life? I'm positive not even law enforcement know how to do all that martial arts technique... I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the original show, yes they knew how to defend themselves and use guns, but they weren't kung fu ninja masters.

Aside from that, the story was a bit stale and the girls didn't have any personality. They certainly aren't Sabrina Duncan, Jill Munroe, or Kelly Garrett, but there you go... Honestly, I don't even remember their names, I know one of them was Eve, I can't tell you the other twos names. I'm not a fan of the choice for Bosley and Charlie either...
    mom2 likes this.

Re: Charlie's Angels

actually for a remake it was better than I was expecting of course I was expecting it to be in the toilet..lol but it wasn't near as bad as I was thinking it would be the old Angels were about sex appeal these women are some bad a$$ B****** can't place the name of the guy who is doing Charlie but I know his face and I recognize the voice....the choice of Bosley is iffy...he's a nice piece of eye candy for sure but just not what i expected but since theres nothing else really on in this time slot on Thursday nights its okay to watch its not a have too like some shows but its not near as bad as some remakes I have seen in the last several years either
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I liked the show. I liked the focus of them being angels for justice. And I liked when they said they were angels not saints. I actually liked Bosley's role a bit better, it appeared he had more of a real role in the company. We'll see how it continues, but so far I'm happy with it.

On the other two, one is named Abby and I forgot the name of the young black woman.

As far as the episode, I have to admit I'm rather surprised at how good it is considering it's a remake, and honestly a bit of a remake of a remake. It will need to get some tweaks as far as the acting though... it was a little bit flat if it wants a chance.

The fellow who is now Charlie does rather good. He's no John Forsythe, but he does very good for someone taking on such an iconic role. It does make me wonder though had Forsythe still been alive if they'd continued to have him do the voiceovers because he did them for the movies as well and they only need his voice (I think Forsythe was 89-90 when he died, but still sounded like he did in the original show and "Dynasty").

They're probably "kung fu ninjas" because all three (possibly four) are guilty of being in trouble with the law, as well as Bosley. That's probably why not so much of the gunfight skills.

Eve was the only one that really had presence because I think the story revolved around her entering the Townsend agency, I don't recall the other two having names, but I guess I missed it. Gloria was the one that Eve replaced. But that was all I can recall...

Being in trouble with the law doesn't mean you're a karate warrior...lots of people are in trouble in the law and while they might brawl and get into fist fights, I doubt it's anything with acrobatic type movements...i know its fiction and tv, but i would like to see a bit more realistic approach to detectives and solving cases....for me...if the girls maybe had history of being in the military, or the police academy (like the originals) it would make a little more sense for them to be more hands on with hand to hand combat, maybe im being silly lol

I think when you're watching a show featuring three women who look like supermodels fighting crime, while working for a man who only communicates with them via phone, I think you just suspend disbelief on all of it. No, normal people - normal cops - don't know Kung Fu. Normal people also don't look like these girls. It's TV. You just go with it.

I thought the show was okay and I may end up watching if there's nothing on opposite that I like better. I'll likely end up having it on with the sound down while I read a book.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

It's always a bad sign when you're watching a show and laugh during "serious" scenes. This show was a fromage fest from the get. The acting was by far, the worst I've seen in a while. You mean to tell me, out of all the actresses out there (ones with actual talent) they settle on these three? I'm embarrassed for them. Sorry, but I'm not just buying these three as an ass-kicking, crime-fighting threesome. 'Ain't happening. I'm guessing this show will (hopefully) be one of the first casualties of the new season. Complete waste of airtime.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was able to see a promo vid of the show and here is their backgrounds prior to joining Charlie's agency:

Abby (the blonde) - Cat Burgler

Kate (the young black woman) - A police detective who turns into a bad cop (there's a scene of her getting drugs from someone).

Eve (New kid on the block) - carjacked a lot of expensive cars.

Gloria (deceased, and sadly probably the better actress of the trio prior to Eve) - apparently took the fall for an accident Eve had and she was part of it. This was in the show, but I'm not clear about it.

Bosley - tax fraud.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have to admit if it came down to either this show or Revenge staying on? - Revenge is better acted and more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

The fellow who is now Charlie does rather good. He's no John Forsythe, but he does very good for someone taking on such an iconic role. It does make me wonder though had Forsythe still been alive if they'd continued to have him do the voiceovers because he did them for the movies as well and they only need his voice (I think Forsythe was 89-90 when he died, but still sounded like he did in the original show and "Dynasty").
    I could not place the voice, thought it was someone else..just looked it up on IMDB...It's Robert Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    I could not place the voice, thought it was someone else..just looked it up on IMDB...It's Robert Wagner.
    Wow, that doesn't sound like Wagner. He usually has a distinct catch in his voice here and there that gives him up in shows. It sounds a lot more like the guy on "Take the Money and Run."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast