+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Revenge

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The way I took it was that he changed his mind and didn't want her to get it. sent her the money to take care of the pregnancy...meaning abortion. Apparently, she decided against against it and didn't tell him.
    That's what I thought too - that he implied there would be no love child. However, for all we know, if Emily/Amanda was texting the mistress pretending to be the senator, she might've told her that he changed his mind, thus setting up the big "reveal" at the party.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have three suspicions. #1 I think Amanda's Dad is alive - the only way for him to give her the life he felt she deserved was for her to have his inheritance - and the letter hints towards this and Nolan likely knows, too. #2 I think Jack recognized Amanda during their first encounter and that when he said to her, "I wish you could have met him," referencing his now deceased father, he was looking for a reaction from her. #3 At the Memorial Day gathering, when Amanda and Daniel stayed longer than most of the guests, he told her that he used to be an epic drinker. I believe she has set out to throw him off the wagon, and that she's behind his roommate's unannounced visit. When she left after the congressman's announcement, she told Daniel she was tired, but I think she was striving to free him up so his roommate could convince him to go out on the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Ummm - You do know it's really shot in North Carolina or somewhere, right? I don't know why they couldn't shoot in the actual location they claim to be in, but people do notice stuff like that. (I wouldn't have known if I hadn't read it somewhere.) I absolutely love this show. I love Nolan's part, the power people getting their due, the wistful "could have been" with Jack and Sam. The only plot line I care nothing about is Declan and Victoria's daughter (Charlotte?). Ick on both of them. I've read some interesting spoilers about the roommate who showed up this week. Looking forward to every episode.
    I didn't know it was shot in NC! Wonder if they are using any scenery or aerial shots from the actual Hamptons? Oh well, it's all very beautiful!

Wilmington, NC, well actually Wrightsville Beach, has some huge homes on the waterfront that could have been used to portray the Hamptons (Michael Jordan has or had a beautiful home there). I know One Tree Hill and Dawson Creek were filmed there.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

it was just the original pilot episode that was filmed in NC then they moved production to LA
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

This show is starting to impress and entertain me more and more. I wasn't sure I wanted to see more after the pilot episode; I thought it was going to deteriorate into too much soap opera, but I try to give most scripted shows several episodes to draw me in. This one has. I find the characters intriguing and there's a good story to follow so far. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My favorite prime time soap opera!
    combatcutie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay I officially do NOT like Daniel's roomate..he is a sneaky back stabbing jerk and I wonder what his agenda is...on the other hand glad to see Emily/Amanda enjoying an evening with Jack

but something fishy with the roomate..my first thought was that maybe he was gay and wants Daniel for himself

can't wait to see how she takes the shrink down

ohhhhhhhhhhhh that was good wonder if Nolan helped her in any way

Hate to see Daniel drinking again but that roomate of his set him up good..he needs to be taken down too

from a mother's point of view the doctor violated every rule in the book for doctor's and got just what she deserved
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 10-12-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

This show just keeps getting better.

ButterflyFaery, I thought the same thing about Daniel's roomate - seems like maybe he wants Daniel for himself. But more than that, it seems like he's really trying to harm Daniel while he acts like Eddie Haskell around Victoria. He stayed completely sober while getting Daniel drunk and making Daniel look bad to Victoria. He made it appear that Emily was completely blowing Daniel off. OR, could Victoria be behind the roommate's appearance in an effort to distract Daniel from Emily?

Did you notice that Emily didn't make a red X through the shrink's face? It was also late in the episode when she circled the face. It doesn't seem like the shrink's comuppance is complete yet.

What was the key Emily was holding? Was it to the storage unit where the Dr. was found?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    This show just keeps getting better.

ButterflyFaery, I thought the same thing about Daniel's roomate - seems like maybe he wants Daniel for himself. But more than that, it seems like he's really trying to harm Daniel while he acts like Eddie Haskell around Victoria. He stayed completely sober while getting Daniel drunk and making Daniel look bad to Victoria. He made it appear that Emily was completely blowing Daniel off. OR, could Victoria be behind the roommate's appearance in an effort to distract Daniel from Emily?

Did you notice that Emily didn't make a red X through the shrink's face? It was also late in the episode when she circled the face. It doesn't seem like the shrink's comuppance is complete yet.

What was the key Emily was holding? Was it to the storage unit where the Dr. was found?
    I'm watching the show right now and she just circled her face in the picture with Victoria - it's 10:08. Did she do it again with another picture later in the episode?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread