+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Revenge

Re: Revenge

I HATED the commercials. Product tie-ins within episodes are bad enough, but the commercials were even worse.

I'm still watching, but I sort of wish it had only been one season. They could have had Emily get her revenge, reveal herself and then sail off into the sunset with Jack. IMO, that would have been a lot more satisfying than dragging things out over multiple seasons and finding more reasons to keep her in the Hamptons.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I enjoyed the episode... Was thinking WTF when fake Amanda was talking to Mason and throwing Emily under the bus. Loved the interactions with Nolan and Emily. Loved the Revenge camp quote. lol too funny. Aidan is really growing on me and I am liking the chemistry between them. I'm glad Jack is happy, going to be interesting what happens when it all comes out... what happens with his "loyalty". The commercials I didn't mind, but didn't need to see Charlotte hanging out of her robe during her scene. Blah have to wait two weeks for another new episode.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Nolan seemed to miss his usual revenge plotting with Emily. She has been ignoring him most of the time until she needs Nolan for something! To see him lay his business on the line for her was so touching.
    Whats with Amanda! She told that Mason the whole story--I kept thinking this was part of some intricate plan until I couldn't. Emily saved Mason when she got there in the nick of time. Amanda seems to think she can just bash someone in the head everytime she wants to get them out of her life!
    I have found Conrad over all to be the lesser evil out of him and Victoria, and seeing him reach for her hand as they waited for Cara to shoot them, was very sweet and sincere.
    JavaJo likes this.

While I'm still enjoying this show, I'm starting to see the same issues that made me give up on Heroes in the middle of season 2. They started with an interesting premise and characters to explore, but now they are making the storyline too big and losing their focus. Emily had and still has her list. There is plenty of material to play with. They didn't need to bring in the Initiative and all their subplots, at least for another season or 2.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I have to admit I'm not as crazy about this season as I was last. The introduction of her ex-boyfriend has taken away from her interactions with Nolan, which were some of my favorite scenes. And it seems like Emily's depending more on other people this season than actually taking care of things herself like she did last.

Is it possible to jump the shark after a first season into the second? I just feel like we're watching a different show and I've been hoping they'd go back but it doesn't look that way... I'm bummed.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I have to admit I'm not as crazy about this season as I was last. The introduction of her ex-boyfriend has taken away from her interactions with Nolan, which were some of my favorite scenes. And it seems like Emily's depending more on other people this season than actually taking care of things herself like she did last.
    I'm really upset with the addition of the ex too. Yes, he is HOT, but I really like Emms with Nolan helping her. He is her go to friend!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=cantstopwatchin;4583078 Is it possible to jump the shark after a first season into the second? I just feel like we're watching a different show and I've been hoping they'd go back but it doesn't look that way... I'm bummed. [/QUOTE] I too am NOT enjoying this season. I finally just watched it yest online, and had it on in the background.

Was this the first time we saw Victoria in pants?

I've watched this show since the first episode. I LOVED it last season. Season two has been okay but not like one. The last episode has been the best so far of season 2. I can't stand fake Amanda and wish she had died after the balcony accident. I also can't stand Declan or Adian. I don't mind this season exploring the iniative and their role in all of this. Kara was a useless character. Maybe they will resurface her later on, but I thought it was stupid that real Amanda's supposedly dead mother was alive and in hiding near by when she feared for her life. Also It was stupid that Adian (pretending to be a detective) was like, "Okay Kara, I caught you trying to kill the Graysons, but you're in danger so leave and never come back and you won't be in trouble, here's a car full of gas".
    dzigner, Coco46 and wannasee like this.

I'm not sure I like the idea of an entire episode dedicated to showing us how Emily got to where she is. I personally didn't really need a back story. At least there are only a few minutes left!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I'm not sure I like the idea of an entire episode dedicated to showing us how Emily got to where she is. I personally didn't really need a back story. At least there are only a few minutes left!
    I agree with this. I'm ready for Emily to get out her red marker and get busy again.

At the same time, we got a good look into how and why Victoria is such a cold-blooded biotch. Adrienne Barbeau was goooood as V's mom.

We also got more clues into Emily's connection with Aiden, although I'm still not really warming up to him too much. I prefer SingleEmily.

Best of all was the background on Nolan and his giving Emily her dad's money. He's such a true blue friend to her. I wish she showed more appreciation. I think she feels it, I just wish she showed it more.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread