+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1097
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Revenge

  1. #471
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,293

    Re: Revenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Okay, something is really bugging me right now, and that is how the producers have taken Daniel from a likeable person (who did not appear to want to be like the Grayson's) to this person who so easily moved over to the dark side. It does not make sense to me that a few episodes back he wanted to run away to Paris with Emily, get married and live happily ever after....far far away from the Grayson's and everything that they represented.

    I am having a hard time understanding how and why the writers decided to turn Daniel into this dark and brooding character so quickly, since he seemed to literally turn into this person overnight. It just seems like they rushed Daniel's transformation too quickly. What did I miss? This makes me wonder if Daniel was indeed the person who was originally supposed to be shot to death at the beginning of the show, but he became so popular that the producers chose to change the direction of the show. Anyway, I hope that this transformation is explained a little further in season 2.
    I think that Daniel was probably meant to become a baddie and maybe they aren't meant to be married for one reason -- he's a Grayson, and Emily/Amanda's ultimate mission is Get the Graysons.

    I think they had Emily develop some real feelings for Daniel in the course of using him to infiltrate the family so that she wouldn't seem unsympathetic for taking the relationship to such a deep level. But she obviously loves Jack (as this week proved).
    JavaJo and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

  2. #472
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,056

    Re: Revenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Okay, something is really bugging me right now, and that is how the producers have taken Daniel from a likeable person (who did not appear to want to be like the Grayson's) to this person who so easily moved over to the dark side. It does not make sense to me that a few episodes back he wanted to run away to Paris with Emily, get married and live happily ever after....far far away from the Grayson's and everything that they represented.

    I am having a hard time understanding how and why the writers decided to turn Daniel into this dark and brooding character so quickly, since he seemed to literally turn into this person overnight. It just seems like they rushed Daniel's transformation too quickly. What did I miss? This makes me wonder if Daniel was indeed the person who was originally supposed to be shot to death at the beginning of the show, but he became so popular that the producers chose to change the direction of the show. Anyway, I hope that this tranformation is explained a little further in season 2.

    And I don't think that they will kill Nolan off either. He, too, is a very integral part of the plot and is very popular with the audience.
    He didn't start off as a good person. Remember the drinking and the accident that damn near killed his friend? Heck, he couldn't have been too nice back then because Tyler, of all people, was his best friend.
    jucamer likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  3. #473
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Revenge

    Was that a giant bag of cocaine that Charlotte bought from the dealer? It was huge! I'm thinking she's going to try to set up the bar brothers for some drug trafficking thing. The fact that Victoria was standing outside the door to see what her son would do after she handed him the package makes me think she knew it all a long and gave him some crap. She has the real stuff and will still give it to the cops.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  4. #474
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: Revenge

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Was that a giant bag of cocaine that Charlotte bought from the dealer? It was huge! I'm thinking she's going to try to set up the bar brothers for some drug trafficking thing. The fact that Victoria was standing outside the door to see what her son would do after she handed him the package makes me think she knew it all a long and gave him some crap. She has the real stuff and will still give it to the cops.
    I thought it was a big bag of pills because that's what she's been taking....

  5. #475
    FORT Newbie calicokat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, IND
    Posts
    45

    Re: Revenge

    Click to see Spoiler:
    OMG! I went to the show's site and there are pix posted of the finale! Nolan and Emily are chained to the wall, Uh Oh! I actually LOL'd though -- look at Nolan's shoes and socks. The show's costumers are really top notch.


    About Daniel- he said something like, remember dad when we get all though with this you honor the deal of full transparency. I think he is conflicted about helping his dad, but feels like because of the trial he owes it to his family to help clean up the image. And yeah I think that momma was testing him with the evidence she handed over. At the very least, I'm sure she kept copies.
    Last edited by Mariner; 05-18-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Add Spoiler Tags

  6. #476
    I love carpet Realitychick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: Revenge

    Just watched it and so sad about Sammy. Gosh the death of any pet just breaks my heart. Really happy to see the connection with Jack and Emily again. Cannot stand Ashley and hope she falls from her high horse with a big splat.
    2boysmom, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

  7. #477
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Revenge

    This episode was great and I was on the edge of my seat. Have to say I started crying when Sammy died. I knew it was going to happen, but still watching it and having your own dog right near you giving you kisses made the flood gates open up. Having lost two previous dogs just brought back the sad memories. I have wanted Emily and Jack together and to see them kiss made for one good part of the night. When they both burried Sammy together and with Jack not knowing she is Amanda I almost wondered if she would tell him. I was surprised that Nolan sent her to the wrong place and then when it appears that the guy had killed him, I could not believe that one of the best characters on the show could possibly be dead. I just love Nolan. Not sure what Victoria has planned, but I agree since she was standing outside when Daniel told his father I figured she would have something up her sleeve. She always does. Not sure what to think of Daniel and how he has become. Is he truly the bad guy now or is he just pretending? I haven't made up my mind yet. Cannot wait for the final to see how this plays out.

    I don't know the reasoning for moving the show to Sunday night. I know a lot of people watch it and would hate to see yet another show go on the chopping block. I have already lost quite a few shows that I really enjoy. I watch The Good Wife as well so will record it. I loved it on Wed. night for the same reason many of you do. It will be a long summer without my dose of Revenge each week.
    Realitychick and jucamer like this.

  8. #478
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Revenge

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I thought it was a big bag of pills because that's what she's been taking....
    I thought the same thing - I am going to rewatch it again to see if I can figure it out.

  9. #479
    I love carpet Realitychick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: Revenge

    I don't think Nolan is going to be killed.... The writers of Revenge must be aware of the huge following that he has and would be stupid to kill him off. I do think it's interesting how quickly Daniel has turned from being somewhat liked to a turnip. But as another poster mentioned before Emily came in picture there was the whole DUI thing with his previous girlfriend, so maybe there just lies a full blooded Grayson in him and it's now out in full force. I must have watched that Jack and Emily kiss a dozen times... Great chemistry between them. I want more more more.
    jucamer likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

  10. #480
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Revenge

    I feel like Charlotte is going to die soon. If those were in fact all Oxy pills in that giant bag, unless she's going to start dealing, she's going on a binge because of her depression over everything. I'm too lazy to go back and see if they said there would be a death in the finale. If they did, my money is on her.
    jucamer likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.