+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Revenge

Re: Revenge

tonights episode while good it was not excellent...gave us a lot of back information which helps fill in the blanks but it just left me feeling BLAHHHHHHHHHH
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

It was good to see realAmanda vulnerable and breaking down for a change. We got some good background why she's so hellbent on revenge. But yeah, when tonight's show was over, I wished it could have been followed immediately with a new, present-day epi.

I'm spoiled.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I was amazed by how many people met Amanda 10 years ago and completely forgot her! Here she is engaged to Victoria's son and nobody found her face or voice familiar--just the dog!

I know this is nitpicking but it really stood out to me.
    The party Amanda helped with the catering was apparantly the same one that picture Lydia had came from a number of episodes ago. The problem is Amanda's hair was nothing like it was in the picture. It was way longer & way lighter. It also looked like her natural hair, while the one in the picture looked like a bad black wig.
    Why I remember this I have no idea, but it stood out in last night's show.
    The writers need to do a better job of research into past episodes to make things match. Yes, we viewers do notice.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

those rich folks don't give a second thought to the help they probably couldn't even tell you what color her hair was at that time

i considered last nights show was what I would call a "filler" gave us some good useful background info but didn't really move the story forward but we should be used to these types of episodes by now most series have a couple each season nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    those rich folks don't give a second thought to the help they probably couldn't even tell you what color her hair was at that time

i considered last nights show was what I would call a "filler" gave us some good useful background info but didn't really move the story forward but we should be used to these types of episodes by now most series have a couple each season nothing new
    Agreed about the attitude toward the help -- the only person whose job it was to remember details like that from long ago was Frank, and he's dead now. That's the biggest reason I was okay with believing Amanda exposed herself to them 9 years before and they don't remember. It was only for a couple nights.

I regard episodes like last night as more than "filler" -- the writers have to figure out some way of stretching this story over more than one season, since the show's a hit. I'm fine with them taking their time and telling all the mini-stories that led up to the present day in a "Lost"-style fashion. I also loved the very end of the episode, where they basically let us know that next week is gonna be a biggie, at another New Year's Eve party. That was a nice old-school Dallas/Dynasty/soap touch, which is one of the things about the show that makes me smile.
    cantstopwatchin and Alexxxx like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thought it was a great episode last night and I'm glad they gave us more background. I found it really interesting how much Nolan's been looking out for her; it wasn't like he just gave her the money and then disappeared until she came back to town. He's been watching over her all along... Lydia really is a piece of work - what're you looking at with your coveting eyes...or whatever she said. OMG, I wanted to smack her!

I bet Sammy's the loss. It's the only real tie they have to each other...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I know this is nitpicking but it really stood out to me.
    The party Amanda helped with the catering was apparantly the same one that picture Lydia had came from a number of episodes ago. The problem is Amanda's hair was nothing like it was in the picture. It was way longer & way lighter. It also looked like her natural hair, while the one in the picture looked like a bad black wig.
    Why I remember this I have no idea, but it stood out in last night's show.
    The writers need to do a better job of research into past episodes to make things match. Yes, we viewers do notice.
    I thought about that, too (and it was definitely a black wig) but then I figured real Amanda probably staked out quite a few parties, etc... and probably changed her appearance everytime. We know she met Daniel a few years before in a bar as well. And, if memory serves, when he met "Emily" on the yacht in the first episode didnt he ask "have we met" or "do I know you?"
    Now I want to see when she hooked up with her mentor and how that all happened!

-I do agree that I wanted more present-day Amanda--I like the kick butt version much more!

The previews show her doing some major damage...I can't imagine who she would want to hurt the most?

who would Emily want to hurt the worst next....woooohoooo thats a long long list and I wouldn't even know where to begin

I am sooooooooooooooooo scared we are gonna lose Sammy and while it will bring Emily and Jack closer hate to see a good loyal ole man go...JMO

I also want to get back to the kick booty bad aZZ Emily but without the back story as to what led her to get where she is now needed some explaining

IMO it just enriches the storyline
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 05-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.

I thought it was a good episode. Tied a lot of things together and showed why things happened and how Amanda started on her revenge journey. Loved the scenes with Nolan. I laughed my butt off seeing the "younger Jack"... Glad he is not with that girlfriend anymore. Geesh opportunist much... If sammy dies it's going to be sad, but I am hoping it brings Jack and Emily closer. I'm too old to be getting excited at a tv show, but darn it I don't care. Read that it was just renewed. Woot...
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread