+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 113 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree814Likes

Thread: Revenge

Re: Revenge

Even though Emily told Nolan she had no feelings for Charlotte, if V. continues her insinuations of rape and they trickle down to Charlotte, along with her dad all of a sudden shunning her, I could see Emily wanting to protect her. Maybe Emily's salvation will be her human feelings of romantic love (Jack), friendship (Nolan), and family (Charlotte). I think she's already accomplished much of her goal... V. is on her way to a take-down, her husband has been cuckolded and now knows his precious daughter isn't his. I'm sure Emily wants to bring the betrayal to light that put her father in jail and clear his name, but I don't want the whole thing dragged out past it's natural story arc. It seems like things could be wrapped up this season if they wanted them to be. Maybe one more season if there are more players in the background we haven't met yet, but I don't want a cold re-hashing of the Tyler or "Amanda" storylines. I want Emily/Amanda to rise shining from the ashes while her enemies writhe on the ground and her true friends beam their smiling faces toward her like sunflowers. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
    lopevian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I guess I should apologize for my soapbox the other night but as most know I do vol work with animal shelters and women's shelters and I have just seen what women and young girls go through when they are really raped and then again they get raped in court...its like they are the guilty party and I have seen what that can do to a woman and don't even go where and what it can do to a young girl.....but I have also seen women accuse men of it when they are mad at them and/or trying to get even and I don't like that anymore either to me that is just as bad to ruin someone's life by that kind of lie...I was just living under the delisuion that ABC had better taste and I should have known better this is the home of the Fleissmonster's creations after all...
    No apologies necessary. A rape permeated mostly the entire season of American Horror Story, but this time it was the devil that did it. Usually, I'm with you about dramatizations, but I didn't mind this one. I thought it was fitting and appropriate, because it's the devil's face on whomever commits this act, no matter who, what, where, when or why.

I feel really bad for Daniel. He did nothing to Emily or her father, yet going by the first episode, he stands the most to lose. If Emily really is playing him, then she's a straight-up sociopath...just like her pal Amanda. I also hope this doesn't go beyond one season. As good as it is, and as good as the cast is, it really needs an ending.

If anyone's interested, this week's Entertainment Weekly has Emily and Daniel on the cover and an in depth article concerning the show with tons of spoilers and teasers.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Me too, i really hope they don't drag this out more than a season. Perhaps, if there is a 2nd season, it will deal with other storylines (like how the real Amanda will live now on) but at the end of this season, i want the all truth revealed.

Was there no new show last night? I'm not finding it or Modern Family on Hulu.
    Count your blessings!

US Weekly says Emily VanCamp and Josh Bowman are an item, dating in the real world.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    US Weekly says Emily VanCamp and Josh Bowman are an item, dating in the real world.
    Between them and Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas rumored to be dating, ABC's 'setting up' quite the hottie couples!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Last I heard, Emily VanCamp was dating Joseph Morgan (Klaus-Vampire Diaries). But she does have a history of dating co-stars, so who knows.

When is there a new show on again?

February 8.

+ Reply to Thread