+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: Revenge

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Revenge

Watched it today and liked it. I didn't mind when they skipped around timelines b/c I think it gives us something to think about/keeps us guessing, which to me, adds to the story but that's just me. I like how she's coming back to a life she previously had - dropping 10K to buy a party ticket - boy am I jealous-lol.

I had no idea Jack, the guy who still pines for her, was Kyle from Roswell. OMG! Loved him. And Madeline Stowe, man I'd hate to cross her. Last of the Mohicans is one of my fav. movies, so she's going to be my new favorite 'bad girl/woman'.

I was wondering if I missed something, though - when she turned 18 and left what looked like a jail (when Noel met her outside and gave her the stocks) - was that a reform 'prison' or something like that? Was she put in there b/c she didn't have any other guardians or was she just a troubled teen?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I didn't mind the jumping around either. It makes me wonder how they will be able to do a second season once all of these questions are answered.

She was let out of the jail-like place because it was her 18th birthday - they said she was emancipated. It seemed she was there because she had no adult to take care of her since her father was in jail and her mother was dead.

There is already a fan-site for this show! Here's a summary of the pilot. I'm not sure all the details are correct, but it looks like as complicated as the plot was, someone tried!

Episode 1.01: Pilot | Revenge

This isn't showing up on demand yet....I hope it does because our internet just doesn't cut it when it comes to watching shows online. It sounds so interesting and seems like people really liked the pilot.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm with you Bug. I wasn't interested at all at first, but after reading through this thread and seeing how much everyone here enjoyed it, I'm hoping to catch it somewhere. It sounds like it would be really complicated to try and jump in without having seen the pilot!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

This is a show I really want to watch but the time slot is impossible for me. I don't havea recording device so will try to find it online.
    Count your blessings!

I like it. The knowing looks between the characters as each one set their Revenge in motion. Definitely setting a timer for this one.

I was sick last week so missed all the pilots I was interested in, but watched a few of them online and this is one I definitely will follow. Just the right mix of characters and plot, suspense and revenge. I actually watched it once, read a couple of forums in response to it and then watched it again. I had missed one key thing - the guy taking video at the party who showed up at her house was the same guy who met her when she was released from the (psychiatric?) juvenile facility and gave her the box from her dad. His look and mannerisms were completely different then, but duh... I still felt stupid for not picking up it was him. I hope this pilot gets picked up for the full season. It seems to have created some favorable buzz.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Would love to watch the first episode over again; I missed the Friday night encore.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

its on ABC's video on demand for anyone that has that...I have watched it about 3 more times and I find little interesting things each time I watch
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

My favorite new show so far.
    combatcutie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread