+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2011 Emmy Awards

2011 Emmy Awards

The Emmys are starting in about 10 minutes. Is anyone else watching tonight?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 2011 Emmy Awards

Wow, Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell both win for Modern Family. I love them, but I'm surprised they won. I don't think anyone predicted that! If the surprises keep coming, I hope Game of Thrones and Jon Hamm (and Elizabeth Moss) win as well!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

These women are awesome.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Okay, best moment of the night so far - all the Best Actress in a Comedy actresses following Amy Poehler's lead and just coming onstage as they're announced as nominees. That was awesome!

The Emmy goes to......Melissa McCarthy! I was totally rooting for her, but I didn't think she'd win! Love the crown and flowers too!
    JavaJo and its_glinda_now like this.

I'm quite enjoying tonights pretaped skits. They're making me laugh at any rate.

Wow. Spade is one tiny, tiny dude.
    Last edited by Rattus; 09-18-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I'm wondering how much time this week's The Soup will give to mercilessly going after Joel McHale's participation as a Emmytone.

And seriously, what was with the dress Julianne Marguilles was wearing at the beginning of the show?

FORT Fogey

Geez, there are more people going up to accept the award for The Amazing Race than actually run the race.

Me too, Rattus! The thing with The Office was really funny, especially Kim Kardashian asking what "work" means.

The Reality Competition Emmy goes to.... (should be SYTYCD)......Amazing Race. Again. Poo. Not that it's not a great show, but it would be nice if other shows could get in there. I think it's won every time the award has been given except for last year.

FORT Fogey

Hmm... Heidi Klum didn't look exactly happy with AR's win. Or maybe she was reacting to how odd the bodice of the dress the woman who accepted the award looked when she bent into the microphone.

FORT Fogey

Love that Jimmy Fallon's show is evidently written entirely by puppies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast