+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2011 Emmy Awards

Re: 2011 Emmy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I gotta say, I don't really care for the live music during the memoriam.
    I didn't care for that either. It was as if they were being showcased not those who passed. Next year just play some simple instrumental music!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    That woman needs to fire her stylist immediately. That dress was absolutely ugly and a woman with such pale white skin should never wear white like that. She looked like a ghost.
    Ironic when you consider that she actually starred in a movie entitled Ghost Ship back some years ago...lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

For some reason I did not care for the Emmys last night. I didn't see all of the show, because I kept getting bored and turned the channel. It seemed off, strange and the presenters seemed uncomfortable. Did anyone else notice that? Oh, and the sound of the main microphone seemed out of order. It was like they were speaking into an AM Mickey Mouse Mic. And the camera shots of the presenters was terrible. It was like the tv audience got back rows to the show. Other than that, I guess it was okay. LOL

Seriously, I wonder what happened. If anyone reads any reviews elsewhere, will you let know the link. Mostly, all I have seen are spins on the dresses.

I didn't watch because I'm not a fan of awards shows, but I was very excited to see that Peter Dinklage won for his role on Game of Thrones!!!
    FireWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I didn't watch because I'm not a fan of awards shows, but I was very excited to see that Peter Dinklage won for his role on Game of Thrones!!!
    Yeah, I don't have any issue with the awards, it's just the entertainment. Nothing against the lady who hosted. She just did what they wrote for her.

I was so happy that Mad Men WON AGAIN! LOVE me some Jon Hamm.

for no mention of Jeff Conaway during the In Memorium. Those bits are gonna be pretty damn short if they start leaving out actors with substance abuse issues.

I don't normally like renditions of Hallelujah (I'm devoted to Jeff Buckley's version) but those boys certainly could sing. Beautiful job.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    for no mention of Jeff Conaway during the In Memorium. Those bits are gonna be pretty damn short if they start leaving out actors with substance abuse issues.

I don't normally like renditions of Hallelujah (I'm devoted to Jeff Buckley's version) but those boys certainly could sing. Beautiful job.
    I noticed that they left out Jeff too. It didn't seem like there was a time crunch - that segment was pretty long AND the show wasn't horribly behind schedule. It seems like one more person - a person who was on a pretty iconic show - could have been included.

I liked Julianna's dress
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    For some reason I did not care for the Emmys last night. I didn't see all of the show, because I kept getting bored and turned the channel. It seemed off, strange and the presenters seemed uncomfortable. Did anyone else notice that? Oh, and the sound of the main microphone seemed out of order. It was like they were speaking into an AM Mickey Mouse Mic. And the camera shots of the presenters was terrible. It was like the tv audience got back rows to the show. Other than that, I guess it was okay. LOL

Seriously, I wonder what happened. If anyone reads any reviews elsewhere, will you let know the link. Mostly, all I have seen are spins on the dresses.

DEbb,

THis review is pretty brief, but seems on point.

Emmys viewership dips, but younger demos rise | Inside TV | EW.com
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Speaking of the dresses. Love Modern Family, love the nerdy middle daughter's performance (her name on the show escapes me at the moment). Someone please tell me that IRL she is 25 years old and not close to the age her character is on the show...if you saw her dress, you'll know why I say that. I'm not much of a pearls-clutcher - I didn't bat an eye at Miley Cyrus' recent getups, for instance - but holy %*$@! that was a helluva inappropriate dress for a girl barely old enough to get her period.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

I prefer Jason Castro 's version that he sang on American Idol... bery stripped won and simple, yet so moving.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast