+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2011 Emmy Awards

Re: 2011 Emmy Awards

Katie Holmes looks gorgeous and almost like her old self, sans about 15 pounds.

Best Actress in a Drama goes to (should be Elizabeth Moss, but probably won't be )....... Julianna Margulies. I love her, but really wanted Elizabeth to win.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Here's the big one. Lead Actor in a Drama. Jon Hamm should win, but he probably won't.

The Emmy goes to Kyle Chandler! Holy moly! I never thought he'd win!

Sweet that Minka got to present his award. I've been a fan of his since Homefront, so I'm happy for him. Sad for Jon, but there's always next year!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Yes to Coach winning! Finally! If only Connie Britton could have won too.

FORT Fogey

And I was just sitting here wondering if anyone else even remembered Homefront, which I thought was wonderful and far too short-lived.

Also, is it my imagination or does the announcer who is making comments as the winners go up on stage sound a bit like the announcer from Chelsea Lately?

Finally, am I a terrible person for thinking that when Peter Dinklage got up there, he should have started with, "I'll keep this short..."? I know it's a cheap laugh, but a laugh's a laugh.

Lots of surprises tonight! I hope that continues and Game of Thrones wins for Best Drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Finally, am I a terrible person for thinking that when Peter Dinklage got up there, he should have started with, "I'll keep this short..."? I know it's a cheap laugh, but a laugh's a laugh.
    I'll admit I cringed a bit when the presenter (I now can't remember who it was) talked about the winner not forgetting the little people.

I loved Homefront. I wish they'd release it on DVD!

ETA: If Idris Elba wins for Luther (and is there to receive the award! ) and Game of Thrones takes Best Drama, it would make my night!

FORT Fogey

I think the difference is that it's okay for Peter to make fun of his size, but it's not okay for someone else to point it out.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of the shows that are winning, but I don't have HBO either, and I seldom have the time to devote to long evenings of PBS.

Idris didn't win

But, Downton Abby is doing well so far. Maybe it will pull out a win against Mildred Pierce, although I doubt it.

Tilden, I highly recommend Downton Abbey, which is on DVD now and Game of Thrones, which isn't yet. Hopefully, season 1 of GOT will be out by Christmas.

And here comes the In Memorium segment where I will bawl like a baby. Please tell me we won't have to look at these singers any more. This part isn't about them.
    kireelady likes this.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I gotta say, I don't really care for the live music during the memoriam.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm okay with the live music as long as it doesn't overshadow the actual presentation. They blew it a few years ago on the Oscars when they panned around the stage while the singer was performing and you couldn't see the video screen. I think all of the producers of awards shows learned their lesson after the viewers complained.

I lost it when they showed Andy Whitfield. I wasn't a huge fan or anything, but he was just so young. I loved Elizabeth Taylor, but she lived a nice long life. Andy never fulfilled his promise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast