+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Secret Circle - CW

Re: The Secret Circle - CW

March 29, 2012 - episode 18

The Secret Circle - Season 1, Episode 18: Sacrifice - TV.com

Samuel, a witch hunter and an old acquaintance of Jake, pays him a surprise visit to deliver a message for Blackwell with some information about Eben's surprising next move. When Cassie intervenes and forces Samuel to reveal his message, she shocked to learn what Eben is trying to resurrect. Diana is frustrated that keeping the secrets of who they are is keeping her from getting closer to Grant. Faye and Melissa agree to help out Adam at the Boathouse in exchange for his help in using magic to enhance their love life.
    4 weeks with no episodes then we have 3 new episodes then 2 more weeks with nothing then the last 4 episodes of the season. I would rather it just be done instead of dragging this show out until May sweeps.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    At least with Jake the relationship has sparks with Adam it's a total dud. Also with Jake I feel as if he feels that she can save him from the evil blackness inside him.
    Agree. Jake is a hottie, Adam is about as hot as tepid tea. Cassie has great chemistry with Jake and absolutely none with Adam. Who dreamed up that idiotic triangle? Didn't the casting people see that? The young actor playing Jake is really good at the soulful looks and teenage angst (besides being gorgeous to look at). I also agree that Cassie's dad (Joe Lando) has his own hotness index, especially for the "mature" set. He was a beautiful young man and has grown ruggedly handsome with maturity.

mmmm.....problem on the show, have a drink or steal prescription drugs from your mom's purse. This show is so predictable and boring and basically saying if you are under 21 all you want to do is get drunk or high and have mindless sex with a guy who can't stand you.

The storyline was once interesting, but I've found it waning. I can't say I'm surprised it's on a very precarious bubble for renewal/cancellation.

Im incredibly proud of the CW for actually canceling this show! It had the best lead-in for the entire network and dropped dramatically following the premiere (despite the ridiculous boost from the vamp diaries (the vamp diaries actually beats some big network shows its so popular!)). I am so glad this crap is gone so we can get another great show like TVD or Gossip Girl. Now, bring on Beauty and the Beast!

As a fan of the book, I have to say the show started off on the wrong foot from the beginning, and was never as good as vampire diaries but in my opinion the secret circle book wasn't as a good as the vamp dairies books, but I am sad it has been canceled.

And I was interested enough to see what was going to happen with the John Black circle of 6

Finally got to watch Prom, episode 21, that aired 5/3/2012

Why is it that I don't care about anyone in this series? That everyone is either killing or betraying everyone on this show. Nick is back from the dead. So What. Nick is the traitor working with the Witch Hunters. So What. Elizabeth (Fae's mom) blaming it all on Amelia (Cassie's mom) bit immature and then Fae blaming it all on Cassie. Yeah, real grown up. I just feel like I am watching Dumb and Dumber. The only interesting thing is seeing Melissa kill Nick instead of Jake doing it.

Finally watched the season and series finale, Family, which aired May 10, 2012.

If nothing else a lot happened and the plots moved very quickly and the entire actually had a very good feel as far as pacing. That was a refreshing change. Normally, the episodes seem to plod along as there is so little content.

Liked how the Cassie and Diane both turned of Blackwell. Kinda surprised they had "sweet" Cassie kill her father, but it seemed she was possessed by her black magic. Bet daddy dearest didn't see that coming.

Interesting that daddy dearest was creating so many babies. Bet he never paid any child support. Still don't get the waiting for 16 to 18 years to get that all set up. What was he doing after he finishing making babies?

Liked how they were setting up next season's story arc of them vs the Balcoin Babies.

Liked how Charles invoked the demons into himself to "depower" Eben. Was surprised to see Charles alive after taking a good 40 foot header into the water to drown the demons.

Jake and Fae? Really? That was a bit of a turnaround.

Still overall it was a good episode and this series might have escaped the chopping block if the last 10 or so episodes had been more like this one. The would only have improved things if they had managed to kill Adam off. Or at least get another actor who at least has some chemistry with Cassie.

Ah, the photo recap of the finale from TV.com, "Priceless".

The Secret Circle: A Farewell to Charms (PHOTO RECAP) - News - TV.com

Watch it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345