+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Secret Circle - CW

Re: The Secret Circle - CW

episode 9 - Balcoin - this episode really pushes the plot along, Cassie learns a lot about her father John Blackwell and his family the Balcoin. Jakes teases Cassie, pushes her away, woos her then attempts to kidnap her and then helps save her. If nothing else the circle learns that Jake is a witchhunter. As for Jane, Cassie's grandmother, the spell she is under is doing something weird to her. She spills that principal Dawn, Fae's mom, had a crush on John Blackwell, is it possible that Fae is the other child of John Blackwell and that Fae and Cassie are really half sisters. Talk about an uncomfortable relationship.

Well, at least I am now all caught up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The mid season premiere - episode 10 -Darkness

The Secret Circle Episode Guide - TV.com

Cassie turns to Adam when she discovers a secret about herself that she cannot share with the rest of the Circle. Diana is excited when her grandmother Kate visits Chance Harbor, but Charles becomes suspicious of his mother's intentions when she shows an unusual interest in Cassie. Faye receives help from a mysterious stranger named Lee with a spell that could change the balance of the Circle forever.
    Seriously Cassie when are you going to blindly quit trusting strangers in Chance Harbor? You trusted Jake and he was trying to set you up to get killed. You trusted Diana's grandmother and she tried to kill you by burying you alive. Still this episode had it amusing moments with Charles defying Dawn and not giving the crystal to her so Dawn could kill Charles's mother. Really, when is anyone going to start noticing all the bodies? Then Charles grabbing the wine at diner because he thought Dawn may have either be spelled it or put poison in it. Liked how Cassie tried to cast an attraction spell to bring Jake back to town and thinking she failed but the last scene showed Jake's face. Sometimes I really think Cassie is just too stupid to live. In fact it is a good thing she does have powers else she would have been dead in the very first episode.

If there are witch hunters shouldn't there also be witches who hunt those who hunt witches?

I don't think she failed...I thought she didn't finish the spell. She was caught in the middle of it by Diana. I also think that Jake really cares for her and is going to end up helping her, rather than hurting her.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Fire/Ice - episode 11

Cassie turns to Adam for help when she starts investigating her father's past, and their search leads them to an eerily familiar place. Working together also rekindles an old flame and Adam, who is happy to be spending time with Cassie again, asks her to the Fire and Ice dance. But Cassie, thinking of her friendship with Diana, gives Adam a surprising response. Trying to be a better father, Ethan volunteers to chaperone the dance, which displeases Adam . Faye asks Lee to help her cast a spell that would give her individual magic, but the spell has some troubling side effects that threaten to destroy the Circle.
    I find Ethan, Adam's dad, a bit pathetic that as a 32+ male he is acts more like a dopey mopey teenager than his son. There is a point you need to stop moaning over the past and get on with your life.

Fae, shallow, self centered and bitchy as usual. I am wondering how pissed off she will be when Voodoo Boy ends up controlling her and her powers. Her problem is she just wants to have fun and not study while Voodoo Boy has done his homework and got her blood from her 5 power points. What is he really going to do with it?

I thought it was supposed to be a Red and White theme so what was all the black I saw everyone wearing. Seemed a big miss wardrobe.

Cassie attracted to lame Adam, really?

Glad Cassie can stand up to Fae though.

Witness - episode 12 - 1/19/12

Jake returns to Chance Harbor to warn Cassie that unless they find out how her father was killed in the boat fire sixteen years ago, she will endure the same death. Jake suggests an extremely dangerous plan to discover the truth about that fateful day, but Adam and Diana suspect he has ulterior motives. Trying to outmaneuver one another, both Charles and Dawn work to get Ethan on board as an ally. Faye finds herself trapped in a dangerous situation when one of Lee's friends, Callum, stops by the shop.
    Interesting episode. The witch hunters said they wanted a truce with the witches if they would quit practicing and lured them on board the ferry and cut their throats. Jake's parents see Ethan walk away right before Jake's dad has his throat cut. We know Dawn and Charles did not come, neither did Amelia. The witch hunters try to kill John Blackwell by fire but he turns it on them. We also see a witch talk to Cassie and then leave, her name is Lucy. Who is she? The kicker is Jake realizes that the witch hunters were really responsible for all the deaths not the witches.

What is also delicious is watching Dawn talk Ethan into getting the charged crystal from Charles but it backfires and Ethan keeps it.

Then of course is poor, miserable, vicious Fae tempted into perhaps using drugs to enhance her powers.

Liked how Diana told Adam that Jake is in love with Cassie.

Who is John Galt?

Just saw the episode where the psychic, working with the witch hunters, tries to steal the powers of the circle. Comments:
    1. Cassie is too trusting of everyone.
    2. She's attracted to Adam more than Jake?? Excuse me, but comparing those two is like preferring hamburger over steak. Jake is hot and Adam is NOT.
    3. Why on earth would Cassie allow Adam to kiss her (last episode) when Diana is her friend (and probably the best of the bunch) and she knows Diana is not over Adam.
    4. Cassie and Adam deserve each other and hottie Jake and Diana should end up together.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Just saw the episode where the psychic, working with the witch hunters, tries to steal the powers of the circle. Comments:
    1. Cassie is too trusting of everyone.
    2. She's attracted to Adam more than Jake?? Excuse me, but comparing those two is like preferring hamburger over steak. Jake is hot and Adam is NOT.
    3. Why on earth would Cassie allow Adam to kiss her (last episode) when Diana is her friend (and probably the best of the bunch) and she knows Diana is not over Adam.
    4. Cassie and Adam deserve each other and hottie Jake and Diana should end up together.
    Cassie should be labeled too dumb to live.

02/09/12 - episode

Cassie picked Adam over Jake. Too dumb to live.
    Jake boinked Fae. Too dumb to live.
    Fae excepted another mojo from Lee. Too dumb to live.
    Melissa OD's on Demon Spirit. Too dumb to live.
    Adam left lighted candles on a boat. Too dumb to live.

Who needs witch hunters. I am amazed any witch lives long enough to reproduce.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    02/09/12 - episode

Cassie picked Adam over Jake. Too dumb to live.
    Jake boinked Fae. Too dumb to live.
    Fae excepted another mojo from Lee. Too dumb to live.
    Melissa OD's on Demon Spirit. Too dumb to live.
    Adam left lighted candles on a boat. Too dumb to live.

Who needs witch hunters. I am amazed any witch lives long enough to reproduce.
    I shake my head every time they do something stupid but then I try to remind myself they're teenagers...I'd like to think I wasn't that stupid at their age but I probably was. But I'm sure I wouldn't have left those candles lit - I mean, really?

Re: the bolded - he had to do somebody - that shot of Jake in his Calvin Kleins was the highlight of the show and lord knows the show needs some!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast