+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Secret Circle - CW

Re: The Secret Circle - CW

I want to like this one...and on paper I should, but I'm just not there yet I'll give it a few more goes as these types sometimes take a while to get into...but it's no Charmed, that's for sure! Not that it's supposed to be, but really, there aren't too many other "witch" shows to compare it to
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wonder what Cassie will do if she ever finds out that Charles, Diana's dad killed her mother and that the principal also knew about it.
    Oh I'm sure she will eventually find out. Patience, Grasshopper.

I like this show. Don't love it, but I'll keep watching for now. I have a bad feeling that closing the circle doesn't mean exactly what the kids think it means. One thing that bugs me is....all this glass keeps shattering and nobody ever gets cut. Not even a sliver...lol.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I want to like this one...and on paper I should, but I'm just not there yet
    I totally agree--I feel like I should love this show-I want to love this show--but Im just finding it a bit boring. I really expected more from the creator of Dawson's Creek but this isn't even close (and Dawson's Creek didn't even have super awesome magical fun).

I think that Britt Robertson (Cassie) has one of the most animated faces I've seen on an actress so young. Her expressions speak volumes. Watching her face is more interesting than watching the show...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Catching up on the episodes over Christmas. Just finished ep 3. Nice to see a little depth to the kids as far as Melissa, the bitchy friend and Nick. That was treated well. Overall I find some of the kids a bit whinny and hard to distinguish from one another. The two parents, Charles and Natalie deserve to have stakes driven through their chests as they do not have any hearts. Glad to see Dianne is not so dumb that she didn't see the attraction between her boyfriend and Cassie. I think the next witch hunter might be the girl who got her arm broken by the bitchy one. Ever wonder how in these shows everyone uses their power to become petty bullies and basically sadistic pricks and never to the good, no wonder the tortured heroes always go after the young innocent girls like a bunch of horny old pedophiles considering the age differences.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finished ep 4 - Heather - interesting name wonder if it is a subtle reference to the movie Heathers???? Nice touch to see that demons exist and that perhaps the witches are there to bind them. Thought it was incredible stupid of Cassie to let the others know that she has a Book of Shadows. Liked the hook were the demon/snake escapes Heather and gets into Nick's backpack and then into Melissa's ear. Truth to tell I didn't realize that had happened until this ep 5 - Slither had started, I thought perhaps the demon had sneaked into a paramedics equipment bag. The scene was light so darkly it was hard to tell what was going on. I still don't think the series has quite meshed into it's own rhythm yet but The Vampire Diaries were the same, I hated it until about 6 or 7 eps in.

Finished "Slither" Nick is dead. So the circle of 6 is now a circle of 5. Grandma helped, she has a crystal. Charles and Natalie have a crystal. Did Fae's grandfather have a crystal? I don't blame Charles so much for Nick's death, I can see that it had to be done, but why didn't they stay to do CPR on the kid instead of running away. Natalie is way meaner, cause she deliberately killed her father-in-law vs "drowning the demon". And all of this for power, is it really worth it?

Ep 6 - Wake - Jake, Nick's brother is back and the circle is still complete. How convenient. Is Adam's dad a witch?? I am starting to feel really bad for Charles for killing demon possessed Nick but then I watched him sadistically burn Cassie's mother alive.

Interesting concept though, witch hunters using a witch (Jake) to kill witches. I am amazed there is anyone left alive in the world of The Secret Circle and The Vampire Diaries with all the killing going on.

One point Nick was under 18 and lived in a house by himself. How did that fly? Who paid the bills? Who was his Guardian?

ep 7 - Masked

Seriously, what is with Jake? Then Luke admits to being a snitch and a witch like his father before him and his father before him, echoing Luke Skywalker a bit there. Can't say he didn't get what he deserved. Why didn't the circle check out those glass jars. If they had and Cassie saw her necklace wouldn't a big light bulb go off over her head that Jake is not to be trusted. I certainly did not buy the timing of them being all killed off at one time and Jake another. Still the character of Cassie is growing up some which is good. The same thing needs to happen to Fae and Adam.

episode 8 - Beneath - Seriously, do any of the circle really trust Jake or are they all stupid? Liked how they found Fae's dead grandfather, Henry, but really they body has been lying the floor for at least two weeks, decomposition anyone, strains etc.... the smell alone would have been noticeable. Interesting how Charles becomes a power hungry immoral jerk when he has a crystal but is bit of wimp with out one. Glad, Cassie didn't let Jake read the document the antiques dealer he killed left her. Glad to see Cassie caught on the fact their might something woo woo going on with grandma, but again, really, an Elder not having any built in protections doesn't seem plausible, I don't buy it but will go along with the flimsy story arc for now. At this point the only one developing as a character is Cassie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast