+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ringer (CW)

Ringer (CW)

Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears overboard during a boat trip, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister's identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan's best friend, Gemma, and Gemma's husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister's penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself.

The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma.
    The premiere is tomorrow night - 9/13! I'm a diehard Buffy fan and watched SMG on All My Children and even Swan's Crossing (), so I'm really excited for her return to TV!

Anyone else planning to watch?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Ringer (CW)

My DVR is set for the series and ready to go I'm so looking forward to this! If it weren't for that pesky back-to-school night thing I would be on the couch right at the the start....but my son is a senior so I suppose I should go.....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm super excited for it... it's starting!!

FORT Fogey

Good pilot episode! Will be interesting to watch the story unfold.

I've never been on the SMG fan wagon but since none of my other shows have premiered yet I decided to watch. It was pretty good! I don't think there's much on Tues that I watch (now that CBS has stupidly moved The Good Wife to Sunday) so I might be able to keep up with it. Even better if it becomes available On Demand.

Siobahn (sp?) doesn't know she is pregnant (although she must suspect it because she went to the doctor) but I hated to see her smoking at the end of the episode .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I really enjoyed last night's episode, this definitely looks like it will be a keeper My only quibble was with the FBI guy...did he not even have a flicker of suspicion when he opened the door and saw "Siobhan" (let's go with that Archie ) was a dead, ummm...ringer...for Bridgette? I don't think he even mentioned the resemblance until they were out on the park bench!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I thought it was good, but not great. The reviews I've read have all said that the show gets better, which is pretty much the case with most new shows. I did think there was tons of potential and I really like the cast and the premise. I have high hopes. I'm sort of bummed it's on the CW, only because if I miss an episode, the CW is horrible at getting episodes uploaded to their site.

I did have to laugh at the super cheesy boat scene. It was a like a bad 50's movie. It looked like a painted backdrop with a crew member off screen spraying water at her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh the CGI green screen was hillarious during the boat scene. It was good, but not great and I hope that the reviews are true in it getting better. I will keep watching though to see the progression. Part of me finds it hard to believe that Bridgette would be able to portray her sister so convincingly after having virtually no contact with her.

CCL

Agreed about the boat scene. I thought I was watching an episode of Murder She Wrote from the 80s. Overall I'd say the show was meh but I will give it more chances as there are some interesting mysteries and the pilot had to do a lot of setting things up. I've never really been an SMG fan (though Buffy was ace) so she alone is not enough of a draw for me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was hoping for better, but it wasn't terrible and supposedly gets better, so I'll probably give it a chance. I too wonder about her portraying her sister after not talking to her for many years and am curious whether they will address this in the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast