+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ringer (CW)

Re: Ringer (CW)

I think it's hard to judge a show by the pilot episode. Sometimes you get a great pilot right off the bat (Glee for example) but lot's of shows take time to build. I think this one has a good cast and promising storylines. There is plenty of room for mystery, twists and surprises. It has some kinks to work out (see previous post about the FBI guy ), but all in all I think it should be good....provided it builds on the pilot, and doesn't devolve instead.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I've had to wait all week for DH to get back into town so we could watch this and I lost him in the first 15 min; he says he's not interested (and he was as big a Buffy fan as I was).

I thought it was good but not great. I had such high hopes! That boat scene and even when she was swimming around in the ocean were LOL bad. But so was the scene where the two of them were walking in the loft and turned to each other. All I could think was I'm glad they're not supposed to be around each other after tonight.

I'm going to continue to give it a chance b/c I'm a SMG fan and am keeping my fingers crossed that it'll get better as was mentioned earlier. The story has great potential!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Everything I've read points to the show getting MUCH better from here on out. All the reviewers - who I think often get the first 3 episodes of new shows - have urged people to stick with the show because it improves after the premiere. I think the premise is terrific and I like everyone in the cast, so I'm in it for the long haul.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Everything I've read points to the show getting MUCH better from here on out. All the reviewers - who I think often get the first 3 episodes of new shows - have urged people to stick with the show because it improves after the premiere. I think the premise is terrific and I like everyone in the cast, so I'm in it for the long haul.
    So now I have to somehow strategically play this with DH around so I can hopefully lure him back in....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

This episode definitely brought me in much more than the first, the ending was really good...and i love the scene between Bridget and the daughter, that was sweet and the flashback made me sad. This is probably my favorite new show right now!

CCL

Episode was better but details still need to be worked out. Bridget/Siobhan's fall (hairstyle at party) was glaringly bad. Would like more focus on Siobhan.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The second episode was better than the first, but it's still very cheesy compared to the other new dramas. Even comparing it with the similar "The Lying Game", it comes out as a cheap imitation although I don't particularly like the cast on "The Lying Game". This show has a stellar cast. However, not even SMG and Ioan Griffudd can overcome bad writing. Also, Siobhan is supposed to be a wealthy NY socialite, yet other than the event for Andrew's business that they threw last minute in the loft, they never show her in "society" type settings like parties, charity events, shopping, etc. I used to watch Gossip Girl and how they portrayed "wealthy". They need to take a page from the Gossip Girl book! It all seems so cheaply done right now. Maybe the budget is all going on the cast. Anyway, I'm going to stick with it for now especially as I read somewhere that another favorite of mine, Jason Dohring, is joining the cast. Then after a few episodes with him in it, I'll reevaluate whether I want to keep this one on my DVR.

I'm officially in love with this show! I cannot wait to see how all this will turn out.

This show is getting so good!!! The ending had me on the edge of my seat!

Yup, definitely This was I think the best episode yet. This show is building nicely into something good, and finally really starting to live up to the hype...I hope people stick around long enough to keep it going!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread