+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rookie Blue

Re: Rookie Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's funny, but living in Toronto I find the references to be sort of surrealistic. They mention real places, but they aren't laid out they way they are in real life. An episode or so back, they investigated an event on Carlaw (lower east end of the city), and mentioned something else they investigated at Jane/Finch (upper right end of the city), and I recall them wandering around Parkdale (lower right end of the city). I don't believe that any division would be covering the entire city (that would be the sixth largest city in North America and that's a lot of space to police), so it always sounds odd to me.
    This is Andy's squad we're talking about... of course they could cover the whole city. How else would she be put in mortal danger almost every episode

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Law & Order did that, too. I guess they figure if you don't know Toronto you won't question.
    The cops on L&O are detectives, though, so their investigations are likely to take them all over the city, and even out of the city entirely. I was certain that I was right, but I double checked with my co-worker anyway. Her dad is a cop at the division four blocks from my house and she confirmed that rookies, or beat cops in general, wouldn't be covering the entire city, so there is no way one car would have done Carlaw, Jane-Finch and Parkdale. It doesn't bug me in particular, I just find it a little disconcerting sometimes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

^ Yes, but their original call-out to the crime scene on L & O is what I meant. The crime scenes should have always been in their division but they weren't - they were all over the city.
    at canadian_angel re: Andie being in mortal peril in every other episode. So true.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: The Perils of Andie - I didn't watch the episode with the serial killer specifically because that sort of storytelling annoys me. Not serial killers - love a good serial killer story - but some woman being jeopardized on a regular basis. It's cheap and I know they can do better.

Re: L&O - I don't have much recollection of the team from the original series starting off all over the city, but with respect to the other two, Major Case and SVU are singular units and so may very well take cases all over the city. And I am taking this waaaaay too seriously .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Law & Order did that, too. I guess they figure if you don't know Toronto you won't question. Heck, I do know Toronto and I didn't question it until now.
    Diaz is my eye candy.
    Not a fan of the Diaz-Peck-Epstein triangle. Do not want.
    Oh, how could I forget about Diaz? When he wore that tight black shirt a couple of episodes ago (or was it last one-when he was pretending to be a male stripper), he looked HAWT!! It's so hard, watching this show and trying not to drool with DH sitting next to me.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

We are fortunate to have so many options when it comes to eye candy

Loved the season finale - I hope it returns next summer!

I thought whoever the cop that Andy(?) ended up with who was undercover (I'm so bad with character names) looked so nerdy in his officer uniform but really thought he was attractive in his plain clothes.

All in all I kind of like this show. The constant life or death situations that Andy or whatever her name is, is a tad over done but all in all it's a nice easy thing to watch.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm a sap - so glad Andy and Sam ended up together at the end. I was a little worried when he came out of the house and neither hugged each other or anything.

If Peck ends up with Luke, I'll be annoyed. I want a show where people don't rotate bed partners! [I'm giving Andy a pass b/c she was so torn last season and just chose the wrong guy then.]

I really hope it comes back next season! Can't believe we have to wait so long.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Apparently it will be back next summer. William Shatner will be playing a drunk driver in the season opener.

Excellent news! Thanks Rattus!

+ Reply to Thread