+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day 2: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM Season Finale

and I thought it would have been higher!

I forgot about the dog.

I am in serious need of some Ginko
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Was that far fetched, ridiculous & implausible or what?

1.) Again the villain decides to lecture the hero before the villain decides to kill the hero. How many times have we seen this? Wouldn't Kingsley have heard the helicopter from afar and split? "You've really ruined my day, Jack". Oh boo hoo.

2.) Kingley's Middle Eastern Bad Guy Associate calls the dark haired women and gives her the green light to launch her attack on Palmer. There's 6,000,000,000 people in this world. What are the chances that Kingley's Middle Eastern Bad Guy Associate could contact a person who twenty minutes later is going to be in a position to shake hands with the President of the United States of America and transfer toxic goop onto his hand? Answer: Less than one in 6,000,000,000. How long was it before George Bush was seen in public after 9/11? Has he even shook hands with strangers since then? And No, this wasn't Kingsley's dark haired partner. Kingsley knifed he at 6:50 AM.

3.) How did CTU happen to have voice files on Kingsley and how were they able to access them and merge them into the computer geek's program in 12 minutes? C'mon - we didn't even know anything about Kingsley until two hours ago!

Thank God the US government's intelligence services are so very excellent!
    Give Peace a Chance

yeah... but it's TV, it's fun, it's exciting, and keifer is easy on the eyes... as is Tony.

So seeing that it's TV let's go over the points you made:

1) On TV they try to make the bad guys so cocky that they think they will get away with anything, why not let the peons in on how very clever you are (this wasn't really the case with Kingsley and Mrs. P as she already knew what he did) but again, it's TV so we roll with it. He wouldn't have heard the helicopter if it was some super secret stealth silent helicopter And Jack did ruin his day.

2) We assume that Kingley's Middle Eastern Bad Guy Associate had a plan "B". Maybe that plan "B" calls for this woman to always be within 100 yds of the President, and since Palmer is not Bush, he never hides where he is (yes, I realize Bush doesn't really hide... ). Palmer has always been a very accessible President, so him having the Press Conference was more to his character than doing so would have been to Bush's

3) I don’t think they had to merge voice files into the computer geeks software, they just needed to be able to prove that it was Kingsley and Mrs. Palmer who were talking. No as to where they got Kingsley’s voice on tape to do that… hmmm, I have no idea.

FORT Newbie
    1) with you there..I was like "WTH? why is walking up to Jack so coyly..."

2) The guy isn't Middle Eastern, where'd you get that idea? He sounds French or something...not Middle Eastern though.

3) They had the files from the previous episode where Jack had the hacker guy transmit them to CTU (I'm pretty sure on this one).

That was absolutely the assassin from the first season. I don't remember if she was supposed to be dead or not...but obviously she's not...which means that some folks from Season 1 are involved in this part (think *power talking head dudes who helped Palmer get in office* remember them? hmm? hmm? )

Also, the 2 part that really got me chapped were the random guy shooting small arms at Jack who had the higher ground and a mighty nice <varmit> gun

Then...hours after a nuclear bomb is exploded in the US...the USSS is letting the president make a public appearance...then walk a "line" to shake hands (and it wasn't even a line, it was a mob...come on now people)...then when the president goes down, they show the USSS aiming weapons to...where? up in the air...sorry, but check the video of Reagan getting shot...he was shoved into the car and driven off. Common sense.

Anyhow...great show!

/U

did you guys watch the same show? seriously, the girl at the end was Mandy from season one. she IS the one who blew up the plane at the beginning of the first season and she IS NOT Kingsley's assistant. look back at the episodes and see for yourselves. it was Mandy, now with black hair.
    "the weak are always trying to sabatoge the strong"

I barely remembered that a plane blew up in hour 1

The way they built up the ending it would not suprise me in the least to have it wind up being Mandy. (I am amazed you remember her name )

FORT Fogey

Nobody seems to be on the same page here except for John and CG

Originally posted by aliasmq
    I too thought that when she shook his hand she was either gonna drop him or shank his butt. then when she pulled off that whatever from her hand, I thought DNA maybe. They did it right by making us think "alls well in LA again, Thanks Jack!", then blam that lady from season 1 from the plane comes out of nowhere and Palmer is doing the hippy shake on the ground........WOW, next season is gonna blow us away.....CAN NOT WAIT!!!!
    Huh?

I thought it made sense

Originally posted by universible
    1) with you there..I was like "WTH? why is walking up to Jack so coyly..."

2) The guy isn't Middle Eastern, where'd you get that idea? He sounds French or something...not Middle Eastern though.
    /U
    His accent is German -- possibly Austrian.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey
    I stand corrected. It is Mandy, the assassin who jumped out of the plane in Season 1.

But isn't it great to be so fanatic as to debate this issue? I had to look up several articles to find out that Mia Kirshner (Mandy) is the returning "baddie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast