+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

I thought this would be a good place to start a thread on the new shows that will be starting in the fall....since the commericals have pretty much started

I don't know all the new shows yet but I saw a commerical tonight for a show called Pan AM and it looked like all the flight attentands were wearing the outfits that they wore I would say during the 60's so I don't know what time frame this show will take place in...and I don't even know yet if I will check it out...I have gotten gun shy on new shows the last several years since so many of them don't last..heck the networks dont' even give them a chance...you know a great example of this is Supernatural....they just finished there 6th season and I don't think it really picked up and drew a bigger audience until the 5th season...just goes to show that if you stick with something it can work and the longer its on the more chance you have of people tuning in

these networks need to realize this is not the 70's we now have dvr, computers and many other ways to watch shows than the night they come on tv

oh yea the only other show I have seen advertised so far that I can't wait to check out is Dallas..hope it is a good as the orignal
    JavaJo likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

I definitely will be watching/taping Dallas. Love that the original cast will be part of it too.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Isn't there some show about the Playboy Club coming out? Other than when that swingers show was on I'm not into the shows featuring something like the 60's or 70's. Especially if there's more than one out at a time.

FORT Fogey

I'm interested in checking out the new Dallas, too (who in the original cast is on it?) ... and what about the new Charlie's Angels? Think I might skip that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm interested in checking out the new Dallas, too (who in the original cast is on it?) ... and what about the new Charlie's Angels? Think I might skip that one.
    I saw something about the new Dallas over the last week...the brothers are back, so is Linda Evans. I think everyone else is just newly related ;-) (I wasn't that into Dallas the first time around, so I probably won't be watching this one.)

What about that show about a newly-single older guy on the make? Can't remember what it's called, but it looks like it could be creepy: he says something about getting back on the horse, and asks some woman if she wants to be the horse. Oh, found it: Free Agents.

The comedy show about that woman, Whitney, seems like it could be funny.
    I'll probably give Charlie's Angels a shot - for old time's sake!
    Not sure about Dallas - I was more of a Dynasty person, but maybe if I'm not into something else at that time. I couldn't find it on the Fall schedule so I searched for it, and this is what I got:
    " TNT has confirmed that Larry Hagman (J.R) Patrick Duffy (Bobby Ewing) and Linda Gray (Sue Ellen) are to appear in the new TV pilot with a host of other actors fresh to Dallas. It’s unclear what the storyline is going to be in the new pilot. but will include the younger members played by Josh Henderson and Jordana Brewster fighting over the future of the family business."

Pan Am looks interesting, and the Sunday night timeslot will be good for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I saw something about the new Dallas over the last week...the brothers are back, so is Linda Evans. I think everyone else is just newly related ;-) (I wasn't that into Dallas the first time around, so I probably won't be watching this one.)
    I just did some more searching, and found out they did a preview of the premiere on Monday night. The 10-episode run isn't set to run until Summer 2012 though.

So far, the only show I'm really looking forward to is Ringer, the new Sarah Michelle Gellar show on the CW. After so many seasons of falling in love with shows only to see them cancelled, I have a hard time getting excited about the new fall series.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Dallas is the only show I'm anxiously awaiting this fall...but like others have said, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to get hooked on any of the new shows since the networks yank them off the air without giving them a fair chance...
    tapper01 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm boycotting all new shows on FOX due to their abrupt and unreasonable cancellation of 3 shows I liked despite their decent ratings. The other networks don't have much that I'm looking forward to so I'll probably just stick with my ol' faithfuls.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast