+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

Starting on November 29 through December 20 TNT will air Mystery Movie Night.
    The movies are based on books by popular authors.

Innocent by Scott Turow
    Ricochet by Sandra Brown
    Hide by Lisa Gardner
    Silent Witness by Richard North Patterson
    Good Morning Killer by April Smith
    Deck the Halls By Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ^ Prime Suspect. It is a remake of the British show that starred Helen Mirren.
    Except it looks nothing like it.I will watch, but I dont think it will match the UK version( jmho)

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Judging by the titles of those shows and the brief preview clips I've seen of some of them already, looks like one hell of a boring upcoming TV season.
    Indeed. The only show I am actually looking forward to is Whitney, and that's because the commercials have made me laugh. Could it be? Is it possible that I am finally losing interest in television? What is the world coming to?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post

Innocent by Scott Turow
    Ricochet by Sandra Brown
    Hide by Lisa Gardner
    Thanks for posting. I might actually watch considering the lack of quality that seems to be the hallmark of the Fall 2011 shows. TNT like USA is producing some really good things. Still Lifetime has totally botched some book to movie projects I only hope TNT does a much better job. Hopefully they will be 4 hours long and shown in 2 parts as for many books you need that extra time and I hope they don't destroy the plot like Disney did when it made Meg Cabot's Avalon High.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FYI:

TNT Announces Return Dates for Four Hit Series; Unveils TNT Mystery Movie Night Slate

TNT Mystery Movie Night

Scott Turow’s Innocent – Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Bill Pullman stars as Rusty Sabich, a judge charged with the murder of his wife, a situation that comes 20 years after he was cleared in the death of his mistress. During this latest trial, a secret affair from Rusty’s recent past threatens to hamper his defense and fracture his relationship with his son. Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden plays Rusty’s wife, while Alfred Molina is his friend and defense attorney. Emmy® winner Richard Schiff (The West Wing, The Lost World: Jurassic Park), Callard Harris (TBS’s Glory Daze, Intermedio) and Mariana Klaveno (True Blood, While the Children Sleep) also star. Scott Turow’s Innocent is a sequel to Turow’s bestseller Presumed Innocent. The movie is written and directed by Mike Robe (TNT’s HawthoRNe, Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King), with Robe and Frank von Zerneck (We Were the Mulvaneys, Miracle on Ice) serving as executive producers.

Ricochet – Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Two homicide detectives find their careers – and lives – on the line when they get caught up in a case of murder and betrayal in high-society Savannah. Emmy nominee John Corbett is set to star in this atmospheric tale based on the book by #1 New York Times best-selling author Sandra Brown. Corbett plays Det. Sgt. Duncan Hatcher, who is investigating a corrupt judge (Gary Cole) while also becoming romantically involved with his wife (Julie Benz). Kelly Overton plays Det. Deedee Bowen, Hatcher’s blue-collar partner; Kadeem Hardison (Panther, Made of Honor) is Detective Bob Worley; and Haaz Sleiman (The Visitor, Nurse Jackie) is drug dealer Robert Savich. Nick Gomez (Dexter, Drowning Mona) is directing Ricochet from a script by Donald Martin (The Craigslist Killer). Howard Braunstein (The Informant!) and Jim Head (On Strike for Christmas) serve as executive producers.

Hide – Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 9 p.m.
    (ET/PT)
    In this movie based on Lisa Gardner’s book, Carla Gugino plays Boston Police Detective D.D. Warren, who is called to the grounds of an abandoned mental hospital where a buried chamber is discovered. Inside are the mummified remains of six young women, who have all been missing for years. The case leads D.D. to Annabelle, a young woman who spent her childhood moving from city to city, from identity to identity, hiding from someone or something totally unknown to her. D.D. uses clues from Annabelle’s secret past to unravel the mystery behind her twisted family history. Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Kevin Alejandro also star. Hide is written by Janet Brownell (Eloise at the Plaza), directed by John Gray (Ghost Whisperer, Helter Skelter) and executive-produced by Stephanie Germain (The Day After Tomorrow).

Silent Witness – Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 9 p.m.
    (ET/PT)
    This legal drama based on Richard North Patterson’s novel stars Dermot Mulroney as prominent defense attorney Tony Lord, who returns to his hometown to defend an old friend, played by Michael Cudlitz. The friend is a teacher accused of murdering one of his students, and the case re-opens the heartache from Tony’s own high school days, when he was a student falsely accused of murdering his first love. Lizzie Friedman and Greg Little, the team behind One Lucky Elephant, Whiz Kids and Sex and Death 101, serve as executive producers along with Howard Braunstein (The Informant!). Peter Markle (Bat*21, Flight 93) is set to direct from a script by Thomas Michael Donnelly (Our Fathers).

Good Morning, Killer – Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Adapted by April Smith from her own novel, this thriller stars Catherine Bell as FBI Special Agent Ana Gray, an undercover operative tracking down a serial kidnapper. As Ana develops a rapport with the kidnapper’s latest victim, the suspect suddenly changes his pattern. Now Ana must race to find him before he strikes again. Cole Hauser (Chase, K-Ville) co-stars as Detective Andrew Berringer. In addition to writing the screenplay, Smith is set to executive-produce Good Morning, Killer with Frank von Zerneck (We Were the Mulvaneys, Miracle on Ice). Maggie Greenwald (Songcatcher, The Ballad of Little Jo) will direct.

Deck the Halls – Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Based on the first book in Mary Higgins Clark and daughter Carol Higgins Clark’s series of holiday mystery novels, this warm-hearted story brings together two of the authors’ most popular characters: Cleaning-woman-turned-private-eye Alvirah Meegan (Kathy Najimy) and Detective Regan Reilly (Scottie Thompson). The women investigate the kidnapping of Regan’s father and a young female driver just before the holidays. The race is on to rescue the pair and get them home in time for Christmas. Two-time Emmy® winner Jane Alexander plays Regan’s mother, famed mystery writer Nora Regan Reilly. Ron Underwood (Tremors, City Slickers) will direct from a script by Howard Burkons (John Q, TNT’s The Ron Clark Story), who also serves as executive producer with Brenda Friend (Joan of Arc, TNT’s The Ron Clark Story) and Frank von Zerneck (We Were the Mulvaneys, Miracle on Ice).
    After looking at the dates it looks as if TNT wants to make sure it's viewing audience has something to watch during Turkey Day Week and during the TV doldrums of December. Thank you TNT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I'm so sick of all the promos for Up All Night. They are backfiring, as far as I'm concerned. Oooh, a comedy about a couple who are tired because of the demands of having a baby. Now there's a fascinating premise for a TV show. I don't know what's on opposite this, but whatever it is, I'll watch it instead.

Looks like the CW premieres begin this coming Monday I'm really looking forward to Ringer on Tuesday!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Looks like the CW premieres begin this coming Monday I'm really looking forward to Ringer on Tuesday!
    I was a huge SMG fan from her days as Kendall on AMC, but for some reason never really got into Buffy. But the more I am reading about Ringer, the more I am looking forward to it!! It looks like it will be really good - I hope it doesn't disappoint From what I see of the schedule, Tuesday is shaping up to be a pretty decent TV night for me....with the DVR in action for the first two hours of prime time.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post

Innocent by Scott Turow
    Ricochet by Sandra Brown
    Hide by Lisa Gardner
    THanks for posting this.
    I've read all these books and would love to see the movies.
    THe only casting I am noyt happy with is Kathy Najimy as Alvirah Meehan from Mary Higgins Clark's book. I love Kathy Najimy, but there's no way I can imagine her as a late 60's year old former Irish cleaning woman. That's really way too far a stretch for me to imagine.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-10-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm so sick of all the promos for Up All Night. They are backfiring, as far as I'm concerned. Oooh, a comedy about a couple who are tired because of the demands of having a baby. Now there's a fascinating premise for a TV show. I don't know what's on opposite this, but whatever it is, I'll watch it instead.
    There have been a number of sitcoms centered around pregnancy, childbirth, newborns, the last maybe 10 years. Every one of them bombed early, to be pulled suddenly from the schedule with no notice & no one noticing anyhow. Most had been promoted strongly.
    You'd think the networks would have figured out that we, the viewers, just don't want to watch that. I know I don't.

New babies have been the death knell for a lot of popular shows. Starting the show out with that is a sure-fire show killer.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread