+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

Too bad about Prime Suspect. Unfortunately there was so many good new shows to watch this season. We've been watching this show, but it admittedly gets pushed back in watching it on our DVR for other shows we like better. We're probably a couple of weeks behind right now.

I'm also not surprised by Community because I loved it when it first came on, we didn't miss any shows. Last season IMO was lackluster and we took it off the DVR season pass. I haven't missed it. I caught one show this year and was happy I was no longer recording it.

Does anyone have a link for mid-season lineups? I'd heard FOX was bringing back Breaking In and I want to see if it's true and if so, when so I don't miss it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I haven't enjoyed so many new shows in a long time. Once Upon a Time lived up to my hopes and I really like Revenge, Ringer, and Grimm. We watched Alphas too but the season seemed so short!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

New shows I am still watching:
    • American Horror Story (I cannot believe no one else has mentioned this - it is BY FAR my fav! I look forward to a new episode every week - LOVE IT!!)
    • New Girl
    • Once Upon a Time
    • Grimm (I'm not completely committed to this one, and I'm behind, but still DVRing for now)

I am also DVRing Homeland and Hell on Wheels, but haven't actually gotten to watch either of them yet. I need to get on the ball!

Smash sounds promising, I'm likely to check it out.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Ok, this just SUCKS. The only new show from this season, which I had actually started enjoying a great deal - Prime Suspect - has been cancelled???
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Does anyone have a link for mid-season lineups? I'd heard FOX was bringing back Breaking In and I want to see if it's true and if so, when so I don't miss it.
    From what I can see, Fox and ABC have not yet announced their winter schedules. CBS, NBC, and CW have. I looked at Fox's website and it does say that Breaking In was renewed for a 2nd season, but it doesn't yet give a premiere date for that or for Alcatraz. I, too, liked Breaking In and hope to see it back.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Try this for upcoming shows and TV movies:

Guide | TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Try this for upcoming shows and TV movies:

Guide | TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource
    Thanks, Bearcata. They've really improved TheFutonCritic site immensely since I was last there. Lots of information, regularly updated.

Now, as to the brilliant programming minds at NBC -- they schedule Smash (which could be a real success for them) opposite Hawaii Five-0 and Castle.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just want to clarify regarding Prime Suspect. It has been cancelled, but it will finish its 13 episode run.

I can't say I'm overly surprised. I watched, but I really don't think it started off well with the pilot.

Thanks Bearcata - Some good info on upcoming shows and movies on the cable networks as well there. I can't wait for Stephen King's Bag of Bones - the previews look creepy as hel!. BoB was a pretty good book - in that "white cover" phase where SK was improving his pacing and getting back to the scary. OT - I'd love for them to do a miniseries of Duma Key - that book was good oldfashioned creepy.

Florimel - I Googled a bit after my post and while I couldn't find anything about scheduling, I did see that Megan Mullaly will be joining the cast of Breaking In. She will be the new boss of Contra but I'm not sure how that will work out. One of my favorite things about the show was the bizarre antics of Slater's Oz and how he got away with it because he was the owner/boss. Still, as long as I can get him back with some goofy Michael Rosenbaum, I'm happy. :p
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread