+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

Watching Two Broke Girls, A Gifted Person, Person of Interest. Recording Prime Suspect (I watch Mentalist) and Psych (I watch Psych but record it for my son and also record Top Chef; catch CSI on demand), Unforgettable (I watch Body of Proof).

I still haven't watched the last episode and a half of Alphas or the last two episodes of Suits, but I've been on the road for 3 of the last 5 weeks. (And I almost never watch TV while traveling...I'm at conferences and end up going to bed!)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Watching Two Broke Girls, A Gifted Person, Person of Interest. Recording Prime Suspect (I watch Mentalist) and Psych (I watch Psych but record it for my son and also record Top Chef; catch CSI on demand), Unforgettable (I watch Body of Proof).

I still haven't watched the last episode and a half of Alphas or the last two episodes of Suits, but I've been on the road for 3 of the last 5 weeks. (And I almost never watch TV while traveling...I'm at conferences and end up going to bed!)
    Been catching eps of Body of Proof but am also trying to get to bed earlier...so it's a struggle. Just discovered Comcast "On Demand" feature so it's nice to see something interesting when I get home from work and not waste time channel surfing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

We watched Unforgettable this past week since Body of Proof wasn't on and it was awful!!! Holy moley I don't understand why it's doing well. Overly dramatic, wayyyy too many extreme closeups of the lead actress when she's trying desperately to emote some deep feeling and dun-dun-dun the in-your-face music when she's doing her "amazing memory recall" TM trick. Plus the terrible dye job of her hair - what a terrible red - and with obvious roots to boot. Yuck.

On a more positive note - Grimm continues to thrill. And I think Person of Interest is my favorite of all the new shows.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm so mad at NBC! They canceled Prime Suspect which I quite enjoyed (having not seen the original, I wasn't already biased) and "shelved" Community to make room for mid-season replacements. The only mid-season show I will watch is The Voice. I will not watch ANY of their new mid-season replacements. Why bother when nothing that doesn't get instant zillion number ratings stays on.

Oh, and let me add CBS to my rant. They have downsized the season order of Rules of Engagement and are mid-season replacing it with some new Rob Schneider crap.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 11-15-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

CCL

Community...I hope it gets a chance to come back.
    Prime Suspect -don't care. It's not that it was not as good as the original (though it wasn't) but that it wasn't very good at all. But that's just me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm not surprised about Prime Suspect. I'd been watching - when I remembered - OnDemand, but it wasn't really something I looked forward to. I think I'm a few episodes behind in watching right now.

The only mid-season show I'm looking forward to is Smash. Every time I watch the preview (and I've watched it a few times now), I get giddy, because it looks SO good. Can't wait for that premiere!
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Smash...what network will it be on? Haven't heard of that one.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Thanks! I'm not sure. I don't care for Marilyn Monroe...but it has Jack Davenport in it...

I'm not a Marilyn fan either, but I love musicals and I like all of the actors involved. Plus, I think that one original (?) song at the end of the preview is very good. I got goosebumps. I always thought Kat McPhee should have won AI, so I'm thrilled she's getting another shot. I've read quite a few "best of" lists for the season and Smash has been on many of them.

+ Reply to Thread